Brussels attacked by Islamists 30+ dead...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This is dated (2008), but stunning:
Turkish Prime Minister says ‘assimilation is a crime against humanity’
I am not sure Erdogan still feels this way, but this statement was stunning and makes me wonder how many other migrants/asylum seekers feel the same way..
Assimilation, as a long-term goal, is the only condition on which muslim immigrants can safely be accepted into a non-muslim country. If they are deliberately declining to buy into the society to which they are migrating, then allowing them in is a social disaster waiting to happen.
Will the Europeans wake up in time or is it already too late?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Will the Europeans wake up in time or is it already too late?
seems like some belgians woke up over the weekend. link

The group of black-clad men had mounted the steps of the stock exchange building in the square and started chanting slogans against the Isis jihadist group.

Some members of the group were seen making Nazi salutes, confronting ethnic minority groups and throwing flares.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Protesting and actually driving out the invaders are two different things entirely. Nice teeth on the one guy with both his arms up. Those seem to be half hearted Nazi salutes, btw if that's what it is at all.
you can look at the different news articles about it, but this group was doing lots of nazi and skin-head crap.

i heard an interview with one of these dudes yesterday, he said they weren't fascists/nazis/skinheads, they were just trying to protect the country of the muslim invaders

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
you can look at the different news articles about it, but this group was doing lots of nazi and skin-head crap.

i heard an interview with one of these dudes yesterday, he said they weren't fascists/nazis/skinheads, they were just trying to protect the country of the muslim invaders
Well, considering how liberal most of the countries' politicians are and I'm sure the media is in kind, anything resembling white males gathering to protest muslim invaders would be depicted as Nazis. I didn't know nationalism was now fascism...well, unless you're white Europeans or white Americans.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, considering how liberal most of the countries' politicians are and I'm sure the media is in kind, anything resembling white males gathering to protest muslim invaders would be depicted as Nazis. I didn't know nationalism was now fascism...well, unless you're white Europeans or white Americans.
they are all in it together to take down the whites.

when a bunch of goons get together shouting nazi slogans, throwing nazi salutes, beating folks up, burning things, etc. they are generally going to be called fascists, not just by the "liberal" media.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

when a bunch of goons get together shouting nazi slogans, throwing nazi salutes, beating folks up, burning things, etc. they are generally going to be called fascists, not just by the "liberal" media.
:rolleyes:

Apparently, it wouldn't hurt Belgium if the "they" purged their country of the parasites that are leeching off of their generosity with the full intent of destroying Belgium and Europe's culture in general, and replacing it with that of their own. So if that's the case, have at it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

It certainly appears that there are some extreme right-wing knuckleheads in that group.
That said, the terms of debate in Europe (where I spend a bit of time now and again) are (1) welcome all immigrants, as many as want to come and (2) fascists.
Whenever something causes a spike in attention, folks in group 1 denounce anybody that is skeptical of immigration as a fascist, the media trots out some genuine right-wing xenophobe (preferably one missing teeth) and the debate stops.
Genuine discussion of how many immigrants should be admitted, how many asylum seekers should be allowed and how long they should be allowed to stay never really happens, except by circumventing the halls of power in, ironically, Brussels.
I'm not sure the Europeans can be kicked into resistance. I'm not sure muslim extremists in Europe can set off enough bombs fast enough to cause the EU to really discuss the issue. Maybe they can, but they are nowhere near that point as far as I can tell.
That said, some Europeans (from numerous EU member countries) I have talked to about muslim immigration have said, "Europe is done. In 50 years, there will be a place on the map called Europe, but it won't be European any more."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It certainly appears that there are some extreme right-wing knuckleheads in that group.
That said, the terms of debate in Europe (where I spend a bit of time now and again) are (1) welcome all immigrants, as many as want to come and (2) fascists.
Whenever something causes a spike in attention, folks in group 1 denounce anybody that is skeptical of immigration as a fascist, the media trots out some genuine right-wing xenophobe (preferably one missing teeth) and the debate stops.
Genuine discussion of how many immigrants should be admitted, how many asylum seekers should be allowed and how long they should be allowed to stay never really happens, except by circumventing the halls of power in, ironically, Brussels.
I'm not sure the Europeans can be kicked into resistance. I'm not sure muslim extremists in Europe can set off enough bombs fast enough to cause the EU to really discuss the issue. Maybe they can, but they are nowhere near that point as far as I can tell.
That said, some Europeans (from numerous EU member countries) I have talked to about muslim immigration have said, "Europe is done. In 50 years, there will be a place on the map called Europe, but it won't be European any more."
the goons that rioted this weekend were not trotted out by the media because they were voicing skepticism about immigration.

as to the bolded part; to be fair, there are folks that say the same thing about the us and it works its way into many of the discussions here on the ns board ;)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The problem with calling them extremist "right wing" knuckleheads is that a lot of folks anywhere on the right are mistakenly bunched in with them. I'm on the right, but I don't appreciate anyone trying to tie me in with them in any way whatsoever.
Imo they aren't right wing, left wing, or any other wing. They're terrorists who deserve nothing less than to be wiped completely out of existence.

I agree that the Europeans can't be convinced of the true nature of these terrorists, at least by talking to them. They'll have to learn the hard way, which of course is for their countries to be taken over and for their families, friends and neighbors to start getting exterminated, not unlike Nazi Germany did in the 20th Century.
Of course, they'll then demand that the US come to once again come to their aid.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
the goons that rioted this weekend were not trotted out by the media because they were voicing skepticism about immigration.
True, but in European media like Euronews or BBC, the ONLY immigration skeptics you see generally are toothless Euro-rednecks doing nazi salutes. You don't hear much rational discussion of immigration issues. I think your average EU citizen is scared to death of being called a racist and is willing to tolerate quite frequent bombings, shootings and rapes for the priviliege of not being called a racist.
as to the bolded part; to be fair, there are folks that say the same thing about the us and it works its way into many of the discussions here on the ns board ;)
I believe the "cultural leap" for our US immigrants (both legal and illegal) from Latin America is substantially smaller than the cultural leap for muslim immigrants going to Europe. Latin Americans speak a western romance language, are ostensibly Christian, and tend to hold westernized views of the relationship between the state and the individual.
Muslim immigrants to Europe come from a different linguistic group, practice a very different religion and have widely different views on the individual and the state. That makes for a pretty big cultural leap. And Erdogan's 2008 comments that assimilation is a "crime against humanity" indicates that there are some muslims who do not even want to try to join the culture of the country to which they are moving. That to me spells trouble for Europe in the long term.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Brussels Attacks 'Suspect' Faycal Cheffou Freed Due to Lack of Evidence

Only one person — Faycal Cheffou — had been charged specifically in relation to the Brussels bombings, on counts of "terrorist murder," involvement in a terror group and attempted terrorist murder.

However, in a surprise turnabout Belgium's federal prosecutor said Monday that the "Faycal C" had been released due to a lack of evidence. Further details were not immediately available.

Cheffou was arrested Thursday night outside of the federal prosecutor's office.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.