Somewhat of a Basketball Recruiting Update

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know we may have trouble initially getting Top 50 caliber kids that aren't from Alabama -- but I do wish we could get one or two.....

Then, maybe we could fill in the roster with some of the mid-major type kids that are fundamentally sound that can shoot and rebound. And maybe one big man who can hold on to the ball.....

Looking back - I sure wish we had J-Mike and Tony Mitchell with a Coach Avery -- they were two of the most talented kids we've had.....since Wimp.....and they were wasted.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I've read some speculation that our facilities are holding the basketball recruiting back. If so, is the athletic program considering upgrading Coleman again? Or even starting over? Or are the recruiting disadvantages more historical in nature?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think a little of both. No doubt that facilities need to be upgraded, but I also think other schools use the football program against us. They say Alabama is a football only school even when that is far from the case. Almost every sport on campus is to say the least competitive with the exception of just a few. Gymnastics, Tennis, Golf, both mens and womens, and Softball are all championship level and most of the other sports are, are at least competitive. The problem is 17 and 18 year old kids don't see that so we lose a few kids based simply on misperceptions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.