Sang Lyda Passed away today

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
One of the great names in Bama sports history. Apparently, a fine man by all accounts.

For some reason, Mrs. Lyda's words touched me... ""Not a bit," she said. "He was very small. But he was a good ball boy."

RIP Sang Lyda.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
A really great person....I played a lot of golf with Sang over the last 14 years down on the coast. He had so many Paul Bryant stories...I tried to get him to at least record them for publication. I really will miss him, as will so many others.

Tennis

Jan 20, 2010
In January of 1985 I was a young tennis player who had just arrived in Tuscaloosa from the Netherlands. At that time (and this seems strange to say now) I had no knowledge about Alabama Football or the rivalry with Auburn. So on my second or third day in the US I walked into Sang's training room with basketball tube socks which had Auburn colors on them. Needless to say Sang lost it and used some choice words which at the time didn't even understand and he send me home to change socks. I received the message loud and clear. Through that first year I became a student of Alabama Football history and he was amazed about the things I would ask him about the past, asking me on occasion whether I was sure I was Dutch. So what started of a little rough became a very good Athlete trainer relationship. Sang always had my back.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In January of 1985 I was a young tennis player who had just arrived in Tuscaloosa from the Netherlands. At that time (and this seems strange to say now) I had no knowledge about Alabama Football or the rivalry with Auburn. So on my second or third day in the US I walked into Sang's training room with basketball tube socks which had Auburn colors on them. Needless to say Sang lost it and used some choice words which at the time didn't even understand and he send me home to change socks. I received the message loud and clear. Through that first year I became a student of Alabama Football history and he was amazed about the things I would ask him about the past, asking me on occasion whether I was sure I was Dutch. So what started of a little rough became a very good Athlete trainer relationship. Sang always had my back.
Great first post. Thanks for the insight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.