CAJ is an awesome coach, but we need players!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If you are watching the Maryland v. Kansas game, you are seeing a totally different level of individual basketball player talent. These guys are fantastic! We have a good enough coach, but we are light years from the guys playing basketball for these teams. Tall, smooth, fast, instinctive, and on and on....I would love to see our team come close to this level in the next few years, but it will not happen without players that can play like the guys I'm watching tonight...RTR!
I, for one, appreciate your observations. Yes, on one hand, it's easy just to say "of course they are better" but you specifically mentioned a couple of areas like "smooth" and "instinctive."

For years we've been missing this and it, IMO, is so important to winning basketball. We've had athletes who could run, jump and defend but most of the time they weren't "smooth" (especially in shooting the ball) and "instinctive" in the nuances of the game.

I think what you're saying is we need "athletes who are basketball players" and I'm pretty sure CAJ would agree and I suppose he's going to do something about it.

Whit1980

Dec 29, 2015
I was really hopeful that CAJ could add a big man late to the 2016 class but doesn't look like that will happen, huh?

Whit1980

Dec 29, 2015
It looks less likely by the day that we will actually get another look from Terrance Ferguson. Everything seems to point to Arizona getting him.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
It looks less likely by the day that we will actually get another look from Terrance Ferguson. Everything seems to point to Arizona getting him.
The moment he decommited there was no chance in all honesty. It had been building to that for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.