Most Obsessed (with their rivals) Fan Bases

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The OSU/Michigan thing goes both ways. Both schools/fan bases hate the other, and both have had about the same amount of national success. Each has derailed the other numerous times. There is no little brother thing happening - more like arch enemies. I would guess that the same probably applies to FSU/FL, but I had no idea that there was even a rivalry here..

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Two quibbles:

Where is LSU's obsession with Alabama / Saban? Much like Michigan State's focus on Michigan, the object of the obsession (in this case, us) views someone else as a bigger rival.

Also, while it's true that Auburn has beaten us twice in six years, the 2010 win didn't derail a championship run. We'd already lost two other conference games, so there would be no banners that year regardless of the outcome of the Iron Bowl. Not so in 2013. That one stung for a lot of reasons.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
The author must have used a dart board to pick some of the teams. I lived in LA for a number of years and had UCLA as a client. I will tell you this, you go to Westwood the Friday before the USC -UCLA game and its like nothing is happening. The fan bases are so diverse, they really dont care. We never had trouble getting tickets to any USC or UCLA game. USC vs ND is a bigger game than SC and UCLA. Take it for what its worth. How long did LA go without pro football?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The obsession LSU Fans has for Coach Saban is as strong as it gets I think..The Swamp Kittens just can't get over losing Coach Saban & The Miami Dolphins bunch as well actually..

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The obsession LSU Fans has for Coach Saban is as strong as it gets I think..The Swamp Kittens just can't get over losing Coach Saban & The Miami Dolphins bunch as well actually..
Can't blame them, the amount of success experienced at Alabama under Saban is truly remarkable. If I was a corndoggie, I would be so sick looking across the conference and seeing my old coach at the top year in and year out. Tis very nicee

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Can't blame them, the amount of success experienced at Alabama under Saban is truly remarkable. If I was a corndoggie, I would be so sick looking across the conference and seeing my old coach at the top year in and year out. Tis very nicee
I agree 100% with ya my friend..I couldn't imagine how The Swamp Kittens must feel about the kinda success we've had at Bama under Coach Saaban..Cause before he left LSU to become The Dolphins HC, Coach Saban had LSU set up to make the kinda run at LSU, that he's had at Bama, it must gnaw at their cajun football souls thinking about it..It suxs to be them is all I can tell The Swamp Kittens..LOL

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
Yep, LSU could easily make such a list. How could you leave out TENNESSEE. To quote Roy Adams, "it cost millions to bring Bama down". Such conspiracy is unknown outside of Knoxville, (well maybe down on the plains).

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
I would take off the Ohio St. - Michigan and Florida-FSU "little brother" scenarios as well. Maybe add little brothers: Miami against UF/FSU, UGA against Florida, Mississippi State against Ole Miss/Alabama, LSU against Alabama, UCheet vs Alabama... Can we just make a top 10 teams obsessed with Bama's fan base? :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I would take off the Ohio St. - Michigan and Florida-FSU "little brother" scenarios as well. Maybe add little brothers: Miami against UF/FSU, UGA against Florida, Mississippi State against Ole Miss/Alabama, LSU against Alabama, UCheet vs Alabama... Can we just make a top 10 teams obsessed with Bama's fan base? :cool2:
It's called "the SEC." :wink:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's hard to say Miami is little brother to either when they can hold five rings to their 3 and 2, but then again gt actually has more than uga as well. I think the biggest little brother and most obsessed fanbase in the country I'd Oregon vs practically everyone with a history of success.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.