Blog: Latest Bama News 3/28/2016 Thru 3/31/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Alabama's team leadership a 'work in progress' during spring - TimesDaily: Alabama Football-rbr
"I’m a different kind of leader. Jon (Allen) is a different kind of leader," Anderson said Wednesday. "I like to lead by example. If I want a guy to run to the ball, I’m going to run to the ball every play."
Each season, Alabama creates a leadership group among several players that Saban expects to police the locker room and keep any unwanted distractions from becoming potential on-field issues. "Leadership is something our team needs. Last year, we had great leadership. We need the same thing this year," Tide senior tight end O.J. Howard said.
"I feel like I’m one of the leaders on the team. Other guys that are older are leaders, also. We have to lead by example, do the right things. Leadership is going to play a big role this year and I think it starts with myself as one of the older guys."
Howard is certainly saying all of the right things this spring. There are no college defenses with the athletes to cover all of the weapons on a healthy 2016 Alabama offense. Howard has an opportunity to be a legitimate superstar who becomes a top 15 pick.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Alabama players with plenty to prove over the next 3 weeks of spring - TimesDaily: Sports-rbr
Kendall Sheffield, R-Fr. CB: Considered one of the more talented of Alabama’s signees a year ago, the former five-star Sheffield seemingly became the forgotten prospect with the rapid rise of fellow freshman Minkah Fitzpatrick.
But Sheffield was a scout team standout last season. He could easily work his way into the rotation at corner to replace NFL-bound Cyrus Jones. Sheffield is working behind Fitzpatrick, but also is seeing first-unit reps at the star/nickel position Fitzpatrick shone at last season. With solid play during scrimmages, Sheffield could continue to climb the depth chart this spring.
rbr opThe talent in the secondary is absurd. As long as the leadership emerges as expected, limiting communication issues, there is no reason to believe that there will be any appreciable drop-off on that side of the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.