Link: Former Ole Miss Kicker Andy Pappanastos to Join Tide

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama is the landing spot for former Ole Miss kicker Andy Pappanastos, according to multiple media reports.

The former Trinity Presbyterian (Montgomery, Ala.) standout visited Tuscaloosa last week after receiving his release from the Rebels in January.

Pappanastos, a former Kohl's Kicking All-American in the class of 2012, set the Alabama high school record for field goals made at 48.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He sure had a lot of shirts! Did he ever kick at Ole Miss?
From his Ole Miss bio:

Spring 2015: Made a 28-yard field goal and went 2-for-2 on PATs in the Grove Bowl.

2014: Played in two games ... Earned first letter ... vs. Presbyterian (11/8/14): In his college debut, made 5-of-6 PATs, missed a 42-yard field goal and kicked off five times with one touchback ... at Arkansas (11/22/14): Kicked off once.

2013: Did not see action and was redshirted ... Originally signed with Ole Miss in the class of 2012 before joining the Rebels in the spring of 2013.

HIGH SCHOOL: Named an All-American by Kohl’s Kicking and MaxPreps U.S. Air Force ... Three-time Class 3A All-State selection ... Set the Alabama high school career record for field goals made with 48, two shy of the national record ... His 279 career kicking points scored are third all-time in Alabama history ... Named All-Metro 1A-4A Player of the Year by the Montgomery Advertiser ... Named the Montgomery QB Club Private School Player of the Year ... Four-year starting kicker and three-year starting safety for Trinity ... Coached in high school by Randy Ragsdale ... Two-year starter and first team All-Metro pick in soccer.
The 2015 stat sheet shows he had one kickoff in 2015. It went 64 yards.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
So he sits out in 2016 and has one year of eligibility after that?
If he graduated he won't have to sit at all.
Article says he's in Tuscaloosa for graduate school, which would indicate immediate eligibility.

Looks like he'll provide depth for 2016 (hope it's not needed, but Griffith's back has been a bit fragile), and compete for the starting spot in 2017.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Heh, I wonder how bad Verne will butcher this guys name :). I can just hear it now: Adam Papaya, Adam Pappatoes, Adam Potatoes lol

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Must not have been paying attention. I never realized Wassom backed out. Too bad the NCAA doesn't have the cajones' to step up and do something with these states to count their Hope Scholarships against football for anyone who is playing...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yeah we needed him this year. The other kicker who got busted for drugs last year... I don't think he's back with the team this year. So, I think we're okay for 2016.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.