Glad this is not a conference game/ aka "MidWeek Blues"

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Between the flu, and a typical senior citizen moment, thought the game started an hour later.

Doesn't matter.

API gets 4, in the 1st. Another in the 2nd, and add 2 in the 3rd. Starter does not make 3 innings.

7-1, going to the 4th, with 6 LOB.

Where/when have we seen this before?

I know..............it is the lottery problem. (Blue font not needed, as UAB and API have the same problem.)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
After the first inning I switched back to soccer, the results were far more enjoyable.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
What is soccer? I think that is some game I played, back in '62-64.

Already sick, with the flu. What is a little more misery?

Now, 10-1.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The torture finally stops............10-1.

API still has a losing record, and only one conference win. That is the only positive, other than it is over.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
You almost have to admire Gaspard's consistency: death, taxes, and a loss to aub in the Wait-why-are-we-playing-aub-already-and-on-a-weekday-oh-yeah Classic.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We should schedule more games against MVSU because obviously our mid-week mindset will not allow us to beat the USM's, UAB's and Auburn's of the world. Hell, Spring Hill would probably give us a game or two if we asked them.

rtr

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Started watching last night and turned it after three what a complete joke. I really cant see how a team that swings the bats as bad as Bama is 4-2 in conference play right now. If they continue to swing like that they will not be at the top of the Sec for long.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
After eight years of this "classic" I think it is safe to say that the team just doesn't care about this game. Glad I stopped wasting money on tickets.
If anyone told CNS that the football team "doesn't care" about any game, there would be heck to pay. A bunch of guys would be in his dog house, and would be paying the price for a while.

The reason this is allowed on the baseball team is probably why they haven't been competitive in years.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
As much as I dislike losing this game every year, I'm willing to trade a loss in Montgomery for the success we've had in the conference series for the past 8 years. We've won 4 in a row (including last year's sweep in the pasture) and 6 of the last 8 series.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My church used to have this contest the week of the iron bowl called the chilli bowl. where Alabama and auburn fans made their chillis and competed on which side was judged the best by three neutral judges. Alabama fans always won the chilli bowl in the 6 annual contests,but we discontinued it after Alabama fans complained about the result it was having on the game. So is the Max game our chilli bowl that we are willing to lose to torment the Auburn fans during the actual series?:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.