We bail out GM, they get to sell cars being built in China

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So much for "shovel-ready jobs"................ha, ha, ha.............smirks the cretin (Jeff Immelt) that was one of O'Dumbo's job pimps. "They weren't as shovel ready, as we thought they were." Instead, we get this crap. Great investment, eh?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-rollout-of-chinese-built-buicks-in-america/

A good example of why I distrust the gubbament, the cretins in it (aka Congress), along with all the crony capitalists lobbyists and other parasites.

We get crap Chinese cars, and GM gets to keep our tax dollars.

If The Donald was as smart as he pretends, he should be all over this. "Pay back every penny we gave you, with interest, or else!" Even if he didn't mean it, which...........well, who knows what he believes...........

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The only two people I've heard mention re-structuring NAFTA is Trump and Sanders. That agreement has cost us 700,000 manufacturing jobs since its inception. Those aren't cashier jobs at McDonald's either. They are good paying middle class wages. GM has no business building vehicles outside of the U.S. after being bailed out. But even still, until we do something about NAFTA we're not going to "bring back" any good paying jobs. My dad said it best a few weeks ago when discussing this at lunch. "About the only thing America makes now days are Big Macs and Quarterpounders." LOL!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
So much for "shovel-ready jobs"................ha, ha, ha.............smirks the cretin (Jeff Immelt) that was one of O'Dumbo's job pimps. "They weren't as shovel ready, as we thought they were." Instead, we get this crap. Great investment, eh?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-rollout-of-chinese-built-buicks-in-america/

A good example of why I distrust the gubbament, the cretins in it (aka Congress), along with all the crony capitalists lobbyists and other parasites.

We get crap Chinese cars, and GM gets to keep our tax dollars.

If The Donald was as smart as he pretends, he should be all over this. "Pay back every penny we gave you, with interest, or else!" Even if he didn't mean it, which...........well, who knows what he believes...........
With as much our debt that's owned by China, I don't think that would be a wise choice.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
When you sit down and think about it, this entire thread is much ado about nothing. Do yourselves a favor. Look around your homes, workplaces, etc., and see just how many items you have that were previously made in the US, but are now made in China. Are you going to 'swear off' all those manufacturers as well?

I'm not saying we don't have a problem here. But that problem does not solely rest at the feet of the manufacturers.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The only two people I've heard mention re-structuring NAFTA is Trump and Sanders. That agreement has cost us 700,000 manufacturing jobs since its inception. Those aren't cashier jobs at McDonald's either. They are good paying middle class wages. GM has no business building vehicles outside of the U.S. after being bailed out. But even still, until we do something about NAFTA we're not going to "bring back" any good paying jobs. My dad said it best a few weeks ago when discussing this at lunch. "About the only thing America makes now days are Big Macs and Quarterpounders." LOL!
The US still manufactures stuff. They just don't manufacture the same things they used to before NAFTA in every case. Note these are exports, not manufactures for domestic consumption.
MADE IN USA: The Top 10 Manufactured Products In America's $2 Trillion Export Industry
- Electrical Equipment Revenue: $32.2 billion
- Fabricated Metal Products $32.6 billion
- Medical Equipment, Sporting Goods & Miscellaneous* $39.4 billion
- Primary Metal $49.6 billion
- Food $50.9 billion
- Petroleum and Coal Products $50.9 billion
- Computer and Electronic Products $121.4 billion
- Machinery $124.6 billion
- Chemicals $171.2 billion
- Transportation Equipment (locomotives, etc.) $175.8

* (Editor's comment: what is "Miscellaneous? And why are "sporting goods" lumped in with "Medical equipment?)

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
* (Editor's comment: what is "Miscellaneous? And why are "sporting goods" lumped in with "Medical equipment?)
We asked Donald Trump his thoughts on this:

"Missile anus is something I'm better at than anyone. I know all about Missile anus and how to solve this problem. Ted Cruz has a small missile and a small anus. He's never overseen production of these dangerous offensive weapons before. As far as sporting goods, well, where exactly are you going to keep the missiles? They're not food and they're not medical supplies, although I will confess I think we should dub our "peacemaking" forces more along the lines of a more accurate and STRONG terminology....we will our Peacemakers henceforth WIDOWmakers!!! Yeah, that's how we're gonna make America great again, Jeb Bush is a lousy lover."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Is anyone actually shocked by this?

Oh and FYI the project I am currently working on was one of those "shovel ready" jobs. It was "shovel ready" in 2010. It was briefly worked on at a different firm in 2011. They couldn't decide on a site. It then went out for a design competition which my firm won. We still haven't broken ground, so it wasn't so "shovel ready".

Oddly enough I worked at the other firm that started the project. Part of the reason we got the job was me, the other part was someone confusing our firm with another.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Swore off GM and Chrysler after bailout.My Honda van was built in Lincoln AL.
But not fully manufactured in the United States. My Chevrolet and my wife's GMC Yukon XL are assembled in the United States, but the engines and transmissions are sometimes manufactured elsewhere.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
...Oddly enough I worked at the other firm that started the project. Part of the reason we got the job was me, the other part was someone confusing our firm with another.
So, you're saying that the customers who chose the firm, in part, because they liked you, were complete idiots? :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.