Fed to fine schools for not following Michelle Obama's lunch rules

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Maybe Tidewater could show me where in the Constitution it says the federal government should be dictating local lunch policy. Perhaps I'm not holding the document at the right angle and squinting correctly.
I think it's in the part of the Constitution about ball bearings.

"It's all about ball bearings these days."

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I always thought they needed to put boys and girls in separate classes elementary because boys typically have shorter attention spans and need more outdoor activities.
In the sixties and seventies they cured our attention span and hyperactivity with a BOARD. I don't meant they abused us they disciplined us. I am glad that I was disciplined at home and at school. I actually used to tell my principals that I would not tell anyone they paddled me if they wouldn't. Who wants two whippings for the same offense?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
In the sixties and seventies they cured our attention span and hyperactivity with a BOARD. I don't meant they abused us they disciplined us. I am glad that I was disciplined at home and at school. I actually used to tell my principals that I would not tell anyone they paddled me if they wouldn't. Who wants two whippings for the same offense?
I remember that. It was called the ''Board of Education'', and it was quite effective. Of course, you'd never see one of those being used anymore.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
80s as well. Mr. Gray in 84 swung that board with ease, even in his 60s.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I always thought they needed to put boys and girls in separate classes elementary because boys typically have shorter attention spans and need more outdoor activities.
Spent most of my childhood in an all-male private orphanage. So, I have very little idea how things were handled in the outside world.

I do know how easy it was for a certain teacher to grab a dictionary.............and I mean a REALLY BIG one (and also heavy, bet most here know what kind I am talking about) and throw it right at the head of a certain ne'er-do-well.

We needed more than just "more outdoor activities". Unfortunately, some of the methods led to unintended consequences. Having said all of that, our limited attention spans were not challenged by noticing the girls were..............uh.............developing.

What I would be in favor of is greatly increasing vocational education classes. College isn't for everyone, and in a lot of cases, college is a waste, even if you should be there. (I won't mention who spent most of his 4 years doing other things, like reading the campus newspaper, in class, as an active form of protest.)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Spent most of my childhood in an all-male private orphanage. So, I have very little idea how things were handled in the outside world.

I do know how easy it was for a certain teacher to grab a dictionary.............and I mean a REALLY BIG one (and also heavy, bet most here know what kind I am talking about) and throw it right at the head of a certain ne'er-do-well.

We needed more than just "more outdoor activities". Unfortunately, some of the methods led to unintended consequences. Having said all of that, our limited attention spans were not challenged by noticing the girls were..............uh.............developing.

What I would be in favor of is greatly increasing vocational education classes. College isn't for everyone, and in a lot of cases, college is a waste, even if you should be there. (I won't mention who spent most of his 4 years doing other things, like reading the campus newspaper, in class, as an active form of protest.)
This certain someone must not have had to pay (even partially) for their tuition, books, etc.. It seems to me had he/she have had that responsibility, they most certainly would have played a more active role in making the best of his/her investment.
I know I would have, had I been afforded the luxury of college.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Uh............no.

The problem was someone one had no financial role made the decision where I went. It was not open for debate. At least I was allowed to pick my own major. Really long story. (Besides, it was all I could afford, without working. Working was verboten. School is for school, not for work.) (Translation, it was cheap. Found out why!)

But, that person was consistent. They sent their own son, to study the same major, at the same place, despite strong warnings it was a really bad move.

Upon graduation, he got a job at Warner-Robbins AFB, and broke off all contact with his home.

And you think I was bitter!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.