Justin Coleman Tweets He's Transferring

The Playmaker

2nd Team
Jan 9, 2011
T-town
There's a difference between having a role next year and the player accepting that role. Ingram and Davis will be the starting backcourt, AJ Jr is going to provide solid depth and I'm sure AJ has another transfer lined up (Avery Woodson hopefully). We don't know the details but I'm sure if Johnson had a bigger role planned for Coleman then he would still be here.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
There's a difference between having a role next year and the player accepting that role. Ingram and Davis will be the starting backcourt, AJ Jr is going to provide solid depth and I'm sure AJ has another transfer lined up (Avery Woodson hopefully). We don't know the details but I'm sure if Johnson had a bigger role planned for Coleman then he would still be here.
Bingo! We have a winner, hit the nail on the head.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sucks because actually having depth was one of the reasons we faded down the stretch. He's a 3pt sniper with some handles that comes off the bench on a good team but this year he tried to force too much. I think maybe the parting of ways was due to him and Avery not agreeing on his role going forward.
Not my definition of a sniper...snipers hardly miss.

After having watched Coleman for some time now, I'm still of the opinion that he doesn't have the body size or shooting acumen to be consistently successful in the SEC. He is a streaky shooter that is more often cold than hot. For those reasons, I'm not too surprised to learn of his transfer. I hope he finds a spot that suits him well.
tend to agree with this accessment

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It would make sense for him to transfer somewhere. It's not because of his body size. He can play in SEC... I just think He can redeem himself by going somewhere where he wont have to compete hard for a starting spot. I can see him going to UAB, NC state, somewhere they thrive on fast tempo offense.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
If he transfers to a D2 school he won't have to sit out a year. But he does have a redshirt year he could use to transfer to another D1 college. I think he would do fine at a mid-major school or smaller school.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If he transfers to a D2 school he won't have to sit out a year. But he does have a redshirt year he could use to transfer to another D1 college. I think he would do fine at a mid-major school or smaller school.
He is a D1 player so don't see him going D2. I can see him at a UAB type school. Wish him the best. He is a Bham kid and saw highlights of him for 3 years while at Wenonah. He will land on his feet.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Well, I don't get these types of transfer decisions, but I'm not in these player's shoes. Unless the situation is untenable, you should stay where you are and work like heck to improve your game, become a reliable player/starter, and graduate. Otherwise, you're just starting over again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.