James Franklin Tweets Poorly Worded PSU Recruiting Picture

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I get the point they were trying to make, but it is funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Coach Franklin , I got a wide receiver prospect who see double so he's lucky to catch the ball 50% of the time, but he is off the chart of body language!!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That reminded me if the Tennessee poster on the door to the practice field that said, "Opportunity is Nowhere." The double doors split the Now here" into "Nowhere."

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Not at 7-6. Now his QB is gone too, where do you see him getting better?
I think he is a good coach, flat out in a vacumn. Circumstances aside, if you give him time with the probation and QB situation he will be better than what else they can get. He is a little egg headed being a Ivy grad, but I was impressed what he did at Vandy, and considering what Penn State was facing when he got there.........he needs 5 years to prove himself. Why not? What is so bad with 7 wins for a few season's considering the nasty nature of the bigger picture? It has to more than wins and losses right now, at least for a few years. And I think he is a good guy for the job. Don't forget the bigger picture od the shambles of Penn State. Only SMU was worse.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think he is a good coach, flat out in a vacumn. Circumstances aside, if you give him time with the probation and QB situation he will be better than what else they can get. He is a little egg headed being an Ivy grad but I was impressed what he did at Vandy, and considering what Penn State was facing when he got there.........he needs 5 years to prove himself. Why not? What is so bad with 7 wins for a few season's considering the nasty nature of the bigger picture? It has to more than wins and losses right now, at least for a few years. And I think he is a good guy for the job. Don't forget the bigger picture od the shambles of Penn State. Only SMU was worse.
East Stroudsburg University grad.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think he is a good coach, flat out in a vacumn. Circumstances aside, if you give him time with the probation and QB situation he will be better than what else they can get. He is a little egg headed being a Ivy grad, but I was impressed what he did at Vandy, and considering what Penn State was facing when he got there.........he needs 5 years to prove himself. Why not? What is so bad with 7 wins for a few season's considering the nasty nature of the bigger picture? It has to more than wins and losses right now, at least for a few years. And I think he is a good guy for the job. Don't forget the bigger picture od the shambles of Penn State. Only SMU was worse.
What he did at Vandy appears to bring in highly talented trouble makers that either got arrested, bolted when he did, or got kicked off the team by Mason.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Franklin was able to take the reigns of Vandy in era where the three historic powers in the SEC East (Fla, Ga, UT) were at rock bottom relative to recent history or chronically underachieving and put a decent 3 year run together. I'm not sure Franklin is the guy to make Penn State a nationally relevant power. It will a take a Coach Saban-esque "process"--not shortcuts--to get them out of the wilderness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.