Poll: Which win of the last two trips to Athens was the better?

Which victory in Athens was the best

• 2008 Blackout

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • 2015 Washout

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I was at both. 2015 was great, but it is just the little brother of 2008.

2015 does have a more impressive final score, but everything else in 2008 was more intense.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I picked 2015 because by now most everyone but us wants Alabama to fall flat of its face and not get back up. They were so certain it was finally going to happen in Athens last year. In 2008, we had that statement win against Clemson in Atlanta, but we had not really arrived yet. The national media didn't hate us yet. It was very unexpected what happened, and that was great. But last year, you could feel that hate and disdain and the strong desire for Alabama to get the whipping everyone had hoped for. Surely it was going to happen in Athens with Georgia loaded up and looking like a contender.

NOPE. We beat them down for 4 quarters and made them put their noses back in the corner where they belonged.

Roll Dawgs

Mar 24, 2015
Well, here's a UGA fan's perspective... 2008, for sure. I was at that game and the day was set up so perfectly. Beautiful weather, electric atmosphere during the day, night game excitement, optimism was high. Then, blam! I truly believe that one game set UGA on a downward spiral for years with the inverse reaction to Alabama. I was not a happy camper after that game. I have two sister in laws that are Bama fans who were at the game, and let's just say that I did not receive any brother-in-law of the years awards after that! Given my emotions at that time, I never in a million years thought then that I would end being a huge Bama supporter. yep, I said it. I live in Georgia, but my daughter attends Alabama as a freshman. So, we've attended several games, several sorority functions, and enjoyed all that Tuscaloosa has to offer. Long story short...2008 hurt. In 2015, while I pulled for UGA, it wasn't too much of a surprise. Just didn't then - and still don't - have the depth to compete at the level of Alabama.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
they both were sweet for me. 2008, watching no-show(n) prance around before the game with his new mohawk, then doing absolutely nothing in the game but take himself out for breathers while they were getting demolished was pretty sweet.

2015, even though 2008 and 2012 happened, the puppies still wanted to prance around (noticing a trend here ;) ) acting like they were going to show up, just because they really wanted too and they were so close in 2012 (another trend of the richt era ;) ). then they proceeded to get dismantled again, even worse than 2008. and it could have been much worse if we didn't completely pull the plug offensively mid-way through the 3rd quarter when we went up 38-3.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
they both were sweet for me. 2008, watching no-show(n) prance around before the game with his new mohawk, then doing absolutely nothing in the game but take himself out for breathers while they were getting demolished was pretty sweet.

2015, even though 2008 and 2012 happened, the puppies still wanted to prance around (noticing a trend here ;) ) acting like they were going to show up, just because they really wanted too and they were so close in 2012 (another trend of the richt era ;) ). then they proceeded to get dismantled again, even worse than 2008. and it could have been much worse if we didn't completely pull the plug offensively mid-way through the 3rd quarter when we went up 38-3.
I wished we played them on the road every year!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.