Tony Brown Suspended in April (UPDATE: Expected to be Suspended for 4 Games)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Tony Brown in trouble....again

I was thinking about 2014. He had to sit out that season due to academics. Not sure if that counted against his 4 to play 5 or not as I don't know if he was able to enroll at UA, just not participate in football. If he was at UA, then he must have redshirted since he's still only a sophomore.
He enrolled in January 2015 after completing the necessary classwork to become eligible. For a not so great description, he took a greyshirt.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Does anyone know if Tony Brown is still participating with the track team this spring?

Maybe we could be like Florida State and just suspend him for a couple track meets! :):)

Last edited:

CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA

I was thinking about 2014. He had to sit out that season due to academics. Not sure if that counted against his 4 to play 5 or not as I don't know if he was able to enroll at UA, just not participate in football. If he was at UA, then he must have redshirted since he's still only a sophomore.
He wasn't enrolled the 2014 season. Last year was his first year on campus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Anybody think there might be two things going on here?

One a violation of team rules, and the other an issue with PEDs or an agent?

Technically, I guess there are "team rules" around PEDs and agents. It's just that when I hear violation of team rules, I think skipping class, skipping workouts, failed drug test and the like.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

If the NCAA suspends you for a year, you cannot use your redshirt toward it. It will count as a season played. This happened to former Alabama DE Todd Bates.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

If the NCAA suspends you for a year, you cannot use your redshirt toward it. It will count as a season played. This happened to former Alabama DE Todd Bates.
Don't think it would count as the year off between teams if he decided to transfer either does it Jess? Wouldn't that make it a year plus the suspension year?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

...and Florida's starting qb last year...mid-season.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Don't think it would count as the year off between teams if he decided to transfer either does it Jess? Wouldn't that make it a year plus the suspension year?
Nope. That suspension goes with you no matter where.:cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Aaron Suttles said that and I quote " Tony Brown's suspension is not an institution violation of rules, i.e, it is not impermissible benefits, etc. " I'm sure you can read between the lines.
You know what happens when you assume something. Just saying.

Elephants Geral

Suspended
Apr 4, 2016

Aaron Suttles said that and I quote " Tony Brown's suspension is not an institution violation of rules, i.e, it is not impermissible benefits, etc. " I'm sure you can read between the lines.
I could be wrong but it seems like a PEDS violation would get him suspended from the team, like the UF QB Driscoll did. And if that were the case Tony Brown wouldn't be dressing out with the team and competing for a starting positon this spring. Regardless of the ncaa, Saban doesn't mess around with this kind of thing that would put the team in jeopardy.
Therefore, I'm of the opinion that any speculation regarding a PEDs violation is not well founded and is speculating using false parameters. Just sayin'...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I could be wrong but it seems like a PEDS violation would get him suspended from the team, like the UF QB Driscoll did. And if that were the case Tony Brown wouldn't be dressing out with the team and competing for a starting positon this spring. Regardless of the ncaa, Saban doesn't mess around with this kind of thing that would put the team in jeopardy.
Therefore, I'm of the opinion that any speculation regarding a PEDs violation is not well founded and is speculating using false parameters. Just sayin'...
The school is appealing the suspension, which means he can practice. Did the same thing with Robbie Green in 2010.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.