Tony Brown Suspended in April (UPDATE: Expected to be Suspended for 4 Games)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Re: Tony Brown in trouble....again

Alabama CB Tony Brown runs at LSU Invitational

This isn't the first time he's competed since the suspension was announced. Believe he's able to compete during the appeal. Weird thing - he's not listed on the track roster while the other football players are.
This makes me think it's not PED related. I thought that for PED related issues you couldn't compete until appeals were done, with the theory being that the impact of the PED use would taint the performance and results.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

This makes me think it's not PED related. I thought that for PED related issues you couldn't compete until appeals were done, with the theory being that the impact of the PED use would taint the performance and results.
This was my first thought, too. It could also be that the appeal has already been heard.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

While it is comforting no institutional involvement appears to be involved, I do not understand why such a talented young man would continue to screw up. I have every confidence CNS explained to this young man the first time he got in trouble what was and was not acceptable behavior while at the Capstone. While 3 years may seem an extraordinarily long period of time for an 18 year old, it goes incredibly quickly. I was reminded pf this when reading "the way too early 2017 draft", that Marlon Humphreys will be eligible for the next draft. He came in with Tony Brown and looks like he will have a future in the NFL despite being only 19 I believe.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

This was my first thought, too. It could also be that the appeal has already been heard.
Could be, and that they found in his favor. Would be great news if true. I would assume whatever it is was resolved or they wouldn't be letting him run. I don't think they would put anything in place for a single sport and not for the others.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

While it is comforting no institutional involvement appears to be involved, I do not understand why such a talented young man would continue to screw up. I have every confidence CNS explained to this young man the first time he got in trouble what was and was not acceptable behavior while at the Capstone. While 3 years may seem an extraordinarily long period of time for an 18 year old, it goes incredibly quickly. I was reminded pf this when reading "the way too early 2017 draft", that Marlon Humphreys will be eligible for the next draft. He came in with Tony Brown and looks like he will have a future in the NFL despite being only 19 I believe.

Something in the hard-wire. It's not that someday he's not going to get it, I'm just sure it will be well past his football prime.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Something in the hard-wire. It's not that someday he's not going to get it, I'm just sure it will be well past his football prime.
Or, it very well could be that he never "gets it." Only time will tell.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

While this is continuous unfortunate news for Alabama regarding Tony Brown, I have to wonder at Tony Brown's common sense quotient. He is obviously a gifted athlete who could have had an opportunity for an amazing career at Alabama and, who knows, the NFL afterwards. Now, he has been indefinitely suspended by the NC2A for whatever reason -- I don't need to know why -- and his football career potential appears to be going right down the toilet. Whatever happens, I do hope the young man gets Sabanized so he can become a successful and productive citizen in the future. If his future involves football, all well and good.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

So TB is going to be suspended for football but not for track? Wouldn't that mean that the issue isn't NCAA related?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Can we modify the title because when I saw the thread, I thought he was in trouble again. Why not just modify to "Latest news on Tony Brown" that way it's broad and covers various topics. As it stands, He's running tracks... and we won't know about his status on the football team until sometime this fall.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So TB is going to be suspended for football but not for track? Wouldn't that mean that the issue isn't NCAA related?
Since Alabama is appealing, it has to be coming from the NCAA, right? The SEC doesn't suspend players, do they?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Tony Brown Suspended in April, UA Appealing, He's Running Track

Reading between the lines in regards to CNS comments today it appears TB has been suspended for the first 6 games of this year for a positive drug test..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Reading between the lines in regards to CNS comments today it appears TB has been suspended for the first 6 games of this year for a positive drug test..
I'm assuming recreational since PED's would keep him from running track I believe.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'm assuming recreational since PED's would keep him from running track I believe.
Yes. The comments were in conjunction with discussion related to all programs having the same marijuana testing process. Apparently the 4 teams who make the playoff have every player drug tested. I'm not 100% sure my assessment is accurate though in regards to the suspension. 6 games seems kind of high for a positive marijuana test..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yes. The comments were in conjunction with discussion related to all programs having the same marijuana testing process. Apparently the 4 teams who make the playoff have every player drug tested. I'm not 100% sure my assessment is accurate though in regards to the suspension. 6 games seems kind of high for a positive marijuana test..
6 games does seem high for marijuana and wondering if it is for multiple failures or if it was some other drug like coke or similar. I think we now know why Tony was sent home.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This is the Q&A is was referencing:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.