Tony Brown Suspended in April (UPDATE: Expected to be Suspended for 4 Games)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Re: Tony Brown in trouble....again

I would not be surprised that the kid bolts to another team. If he thinks he is a NFL talent , he might just say adios. JMHO
I don't see how that helps him ... so he gets to sit out "X" number of games for a team that did not win the National Championship last year with a good chance to compete for it again?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
If anything, that may be tame.
I would imagine Coach Saban would have removed him if that were the case. In coach we trust, so I can't see how this situation is any different. It's clear he wants to "rehabilitate" TB, cause this isn't the first time he's been in trouble.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Nothing but a trouble maker, and may even take somebody down with him before the year is out.
Coach Saban may make a good man out of Tony Brown. He's playing for a coach that will not let him run wild without consequences.
As far as taking one down with him, I think our players are properly disciplined and motivated enough to hopefully bring Tony up with them.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Coach Saban may make a good man out of Tony Brown. He's playing for a coach that will not let him run wild without consequences.
As far as taking one down with him, I think our players are properly disciplined and motivated enough to hopefully bring Tony up with them.
I believe Brown doesn't care about consequences, and most likely does something to miss more than the first four games.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I hate it when a thread is about a player and how people view him negatively. We have to remember that he is a young male who has made plenty of mistakes and Coach Saban is doing all he can to help him mature as a player and as a male. We don't know the whole story behind Tony's childhood growing up and all, but I don't think it's really fair that we get to rip him apart based on mistakes he've made in the last two or three years. We have to remember that players does read this site time to time. I don't think we need to be making comments about how He will be in jail before the season is over. How about we just be little more positive and be more encouraging instead of being negative about his situation. It seems like there is a common theme with all players who was arrested, suspended or whatever, only to find out We didn't know the whole story, such as cam Robinson/ Hootie Jones, Cyrus Jones situation. If I recall, everyone wanted them gone.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It means he deserves much more punitive actions. I've been around him, and I will be shocked if he isn't in jail before the end of the season.

Well, sadly we'll have to side with Saban's opinion, despite his spotty track record in situations like this, instead of yours.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I hate it when a thread is about a player and how people view him negatively. We have to remember that he is a young male who has made plenty of mistakes and Coach Saban is doing all he can to help him mature as a player and as a male. We don't know the whole story behind Tony's childhood growing up and all, but I don't think it's really fair that we get to rip him apart based on mistakes he've made in the last two or three years. We have to remember that players does read this site time to time. I don't think we need to be making comments about how He will be in jail before the season is over. How about we just be little more positive and be more encouraging instead of being negative about his situation. It seems like there is a common theme with all players who was arrested, suspended or whatever, only to find out We didn't know the whole story, such as cam Robinson/ Hootie Jones, Cyrus Jones situation. If I recall, everyone wanted them gone.
Many, but not everyone, by a long shot. I agree that we need to wait and see.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It means he deserves much more punitive actions. I've been around him, and I will be shocked if he isn't in jail before the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm not a mod but it might be better if you just stepped away for a while. Just a thought.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
For sharing my opinion?
Some could say the same about a few Greek students that eventually turn out as leaders in their profession. Some guys just have an apparent attitude if you're not from their background.
I hate to hear you are so down on TB. You must have a reason. I also hope you wish to be wrong about him, rather than able to come back and say "I told you so"

One example could be Rolando Mcclain. Saban was able to keep him in check and got exceptional play from him. It's become obvious he may have had a handful with that kid. Without Saban he seems lost.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'm not worried about being right or wrong about him. I'm simply relaying my thoughts on this suspension, and the possibility of more to come, based on my interactions with him over the past year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not worried about being right or wrong about him. I'm simply relaying my thoughts on this suspension, and the possibility of more to come, based on my interactions with him over the past year.
For future reference, maybe mention your thoughts come from personal interaction when you first make the statement instead of waiting until numerous people call you out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.