Tony Brown Suspended in April (UPDATE: Expected to be Suspended for 4 Games)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Tony Brown in trouble....again

Everything I've heard it isn't institutional level violations. Don't have a meltdown y'all.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This is what CNS alluded to in his opening PC of the spring. From what I've read Alabama is appealing so obviously CNS/Alabama still have hope for him being able to contribute to the team..

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

That is really too bad.
He's a talented player and I wish he could get things figured out.
Oh well, batter up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

The thread title is somewhat misleading. Saban did say that Brown was facing more suspension... a while back. He wouldn't elaborate on that, and now this is coming out. So in my opinion, I wouldn't freak out just yet. My guess he does 2-4 games suspension.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

It's not .... Again. It's the same lingering problem, whatever it is. Coach even said it after the NCG and before spring started that TB was facing more suspensions. So this is just telling that whatever happened during the playoffs, he was suspended, it was reported to NCAA, the NCAA continued that suspension and Alabama has appealed and is waiting the final outcome on what NCAA will agree to. Common practice with the horribly run NCAA and student athlete suspensions. TB has already been suspended for 2 games, well see how many more.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

From what we've been able to gather, this is not a new incident. This is carryover from last year and was expected.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I would not be surprised that the kid bolts to another team. If he thinks he is a NFL talent , he might just say adios. JMHO

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Because it is the ncaa, and apparently not impermissible benefits, two most likely things are academic shenanigans or PEDs. Not a lot else in their bag of tricks, really. I'd go with the latter. Maybe explains why he couldn't keep his temper in check in Dallas. Whatever, it is a darn shame. Talented athlete.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Might be lucky for him that he has a redshirt to burn. If he has to sit most of this year, might as well use it to get another year just in case

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm pretty sure you cannot apply the redshirt rules to a year where the player was ineligible for any part of the season.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I'm pretty sure you cannot apply the redshirt rules to a year where the player was ineligible for any part of the season.
Didn't Bo Scarborough redshirt the year he was academically not eligible?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Because it is the ncaa, and apparently not impermissible benefits, two most likely things are academic shenanigans or PEDs. Not a lot else in their bag of tricks, really. I'd go with the latter. Maybe explains why he couldn't keep his temper in check in Dallas. Whatever, it is a darn shame. Talented athlete.
Since when does the NCAA care about Academics...? :cool2:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I would not be surprised that the kid bolts to another team. If he thinks he is a NFL talent , he might just say adios. JMHO
Not sure what good that would do him. NCAA suspension doesn't go away and I don't think the year that he sits out in between teams counts towards that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Working on the belief this is PED/supplement related, how is this a continuance of him being sent home from the Cotton Bowl? Saban's statement at the time read:

"We have made an internal decision to send Tony Brown home due to a violation of team rules."
There was some talk at that time he got into it with some other players during practice. Then again, he could have failed a drug test at the Cotton Bowl and tested positive for PEDs or supplements. The story about a possible fight during practice just serving as a smokescreen to keep the distractions to a minimum.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

He was suspended for four games in 2015. He didn't red shirt.
I was thinking about 2014. He had to sit out that season due to academics. Not sure if that counted against his 4 to play 5 or not as I don't know if he was able to enroll at UA, just not participate in football. If he was at UA, then he must have redshirted since he's still only a sophomore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.