Cowherd On Lane Kiffin The Day After Clemson

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I really don't like Cow herd.
He was right about Kiffin on this instance, but as broeken watch is correct twice a day.
I really dislike that dude.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, Cowherd sucks and even when he is somewhat complimentary he sucks. Don't even like seeing his name appear on our board (and I did not read the article).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yep, Cowherd sucks and even when he is somewhat complimentary he sucks. Don't even like seeing his name appear on our board (and I did not read the article).
The broadcast wasn't "somewhat complimentary", it was "Extremely complimentary", not only for Lane Kiffin, but for Coach Saban.
I thought he did a good job in this particular case.
He's a national announcer, and his job isn't to say what Bama fans like to hear, it's to say what he feels.
If he doesn't he wouldn't be qualified to be a national announcer, he'd be working for a radio station in Tuscaloosa.
Come on.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The broadcast wasn't "somewhat complimentary", it was "Extremely complimentary", not only for Lane Kiffin, but for Coach Saban.
He's a national announcer, and his job isn't to say what Bama fans like to hear, it's to say what he feels.
If he doesn't he wouldn't be qualified to be a national announcer, he'd be working for a radio station in Tuscaloosa.
Come on.
Not to drag your link down, it was good. It balances out his other venom on Kiffin. I would agree with you, but you left out something. His job is TO BE CONTROVERSIAL. Now I agree with you. His job is to get his show talked up on the net and at the water cooler. That being the case, I understand why he does it but I still despise him for being so wishy-washy. One day Coach Saban sucks and the next week he is the greatest coach of all time? Ditto Kiffin. I will never respect a dude like that, though I understand why he does it.

Also, he could report and opine without the drama. Saying Coach Saban can not adjust and he will never win another NC, or never beat a Good HUNU team again is just plain STUPID. Cowherd does not have to be a Bama fan to tell us he doesn't think Bama can beat Michigan State or Clemson. But no, he has to drama it up and diss the entire program.

Last edited:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
After colon cow hurds comments and then Bama winning another NC, I think Colon should go stick his head in the sand like a big bird. Either that or get a wet warm towel and wash the egg off his face.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Isn't this clip from the day after the game? By now Cowherd has probably flipped 180 degrees on Kiffin and Saban.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Come on.
Great perspective! Which could be applied to, and said of, all of them. Wish they would be a bit more fair and unbiased at times, but that was not what they were hired to do.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Not to drag your link down, it was good. It balances out his other venom on Kiffin. I would agree with you, but you left out something. His job is TO BE CONTROVERSIAL. Now I agree with you. His job is to get his show talked up on the net and at the water cooler. That being the case, I understand why he does it but I still despise him for being so wishy-washy. One day Coach Saban sucks and the next week he is the greatest coach of all time? Ditto Kiffin. I will never respect a dude like that, though I understand why he does it.

Also, he could report and opine without the drama. Saying Coach Saban can not adjust and he will never win another NC, or never beat a Good HUNU team again is just plain STUPID. Cowherd does not have to be a Bama fan to tell us he doesn't think Bama can beat Michigan State or Clemson. But no, he has to drama it up and diss the entire program.
He is indeed very inconsistent.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Cowherd is in the same boat as Jim Rome...Punks who make their living being controversial. Like Russell used to tell Rudy on Fat Albert..."They are like school on a holiday...No Class!"

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I had a history professor at UA tell me I was cursed with the "national accent of the unintelligent". I replied that I "did not think with an accent."
You should have told him he was curse with the national accent of a pompous ....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.