Blog: Latest Bama News 4/4/2016 Thru 4/7/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Alabama Coach Nick Saban urges Alabama fans to attend A-Day on April 16 - Alabama - Scout-rbr
Saban does not seem enthusiastic about the possibility. He said, "I'm not naïve enough to not think that we're not in the entertainment business, so sometimes the fans have interest in certain things and maybe that's something we should consider. Me personally, I think you get a lot more out of spring practice when you just practice the things you want to practice to get ready for the fall and you don't have some game preparation that you have to get ready for because you're going to play somebody in spring. That's just my selfish coach coming out, all right? But I'm sure the fans would rather see that."
rbropTwo things are going on here. The first is that there is a proposal out there to let schools play an exhibition game rather than a spring intrasquad scrimmage. Saban is decidedly not on board (and I don't think most of the highly secretive, very competitive SEC would be either.) The second issue is a plea for fans to come out on the 16th for the A-Day game. And, since that is also our tweetup, I know you'll be there. Right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.