Staff Changes: Scott Pospichal Gone and John Pelphrey Interviewing Today

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Tuscaloosa News story

@
CecilHurt
Alabama assistant Scott Pospichal will leave the UA staff & John Pelphrey is interviewing today, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

Not a shock Scott is leaving. He was brought in to make in roads with top AAU talent in DFW. Once we lost Ferguson I figured he'd be gone. (I know Ferguson played on a different team but, IMO he was there to get him. Several AAU coaches who are clients had the same thoughts..)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not a shock Scott is leaving. He was brought in to make in roads with top AAU talent in DFW. Once we lost Ferguson I figured he'd be gone. (I know Ferguson played on a different team but, IMO he was there to get him. Several AAU coaches who are clients had the same thoughts..)
Exactly what I was thinking.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
May end up being the best of both worlds, Scott goes back to the AAU scene in DFW knowing Avery AND we get in an assistant who may be better on the college front. Scott I'm sure gave us valuable insight on how to deal with the handlers and hopefully close the deal with some of the 1 and dones.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think that Moving Coach P and hiring Pelphrey is a good move. Pelphrey brings a world of experience in the college game and I suspect coach P will help us out on the recruiting trail whenever possible.

Buckle UP!

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I'm very excited about bringing a former big man on staff to hopefully jump start player development down low. I was concerned there was no front court experience on last year's staff and never during the time Grant was here. Pelphrey was a forward on a very good Kentucky team, and his teaching should make an immediate impact.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.