2016 Election - Clinton: The Hillary Clinton Thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm always leery of people who are quick to accuse others of lying, stealing, etc.. It is usually the accusers who are he real transgressors.
Ain't that the truth? Seen it all the time. (In a related story, the most militant anti-gay folks back when I was in high school in the 80s.....are all out of the closet nowadays. I'm NOT making that up).

Of course, your assessment here it certainly why so many leftists go right to the bottom of the deck and pull out the 'conservatives are racist' card, too.

(Yes, some conservatives are racist but guess what? So are some liberals).

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.wsj.com/articles/clintons-lawyer-under-oath-1464907109

The news out of last week’s Cheryl Mills deposition was that the Clinton confidante didn’t say much about Hillary’s email server. Which only goes to show that Mrs. Clinton has a serious problem—and she knows it.
Her performance is all anyone needs to know about Mrs. Clinton’s guilt in the server scandal. Someone who set up a home-brew email system for “convenience” wouldn’t need people like Cheryl Mills.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Legal question for someone:

Brian Pagliano was granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for his testimony about Hillary's home based server. Now he is pleading his Fifth Amendment rights. Can he have it both ways?

I am sure there's a legal term for this but not sure if there is precedent. If he refuses to testify does he lose immunity and thereby open himself up to prosecution? It seems he's really rolling the dice here.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Brian Pagliano was granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for his testimony about Hillary's home based server. Now he is pleading his Fifth Amendment rights. Can he have it both ways?

I am sure there's a legal term for this but not sure if there is precedent. If he refuses to testify does he lose immunity and thereby open himself up to prosecution? It seems he's really rolling the dice here.

I would think it depends on who granted the immunity...if he was granted immunity by congress to testify before congress, I don'y believe that immunity applies in a court...but, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, yada, yada, yada...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

This should answer your questions:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-order-to-produce-doj-immunity-agreement.html

Pagliano planned to assert his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination and refuse to answers questions over an open records lawsuit, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by Fox News. His lawyers also asked a federal judge to block Judicial Watch from recording his deposition, stating that a written transcription should be enough.

However, Judge Emmet Sullivan declared that his lawyers need to file a legal memorandum to outline the legality for him to plead the Fifth “including requisite details pertaining to the scope of Mr. Pagliano's reported immunity agreement with the government,” The Hill reported.

Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, called Sullivan’s order “an important step to getting more answers from Mr. Pagliano about Hillary Clinton's email system.”

Pagliano, who worked on Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign before helping install the so-called “homebrew” server system in her Chappaqua, N.Y. home,
cut an immunity deal last fall with the Justice Department amid the FBI probe. He was recently described to Fox News by an intelligence source as a “devastating witness.”

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
More bad news for Team Hillary: A tell all book by a former secret service agent is set to release June 28. The agent was assigned just outside the door of the Oval Office. The book reportedly details much about the character of Hillary and the culture of the Clinton White House. The agent has used the term "sickening."

I fully expect the Clinton campaign to begin attacking the character of this agent any day now.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
She has now been proven to be a liar by the Inspector General with regard to our national security. I don't think it has really sunk in with many people. She deliberately put your life, my life, and every other American's life in danger because she wanted to conceal her foreign and domestic communications while she was "serving us" as Sec of State. It cost several lives, including one of our ambassadors in Libya. In what planet are we living now? A worker hides info from her bosses resulting in actual deaths, erases a large portion of it when they find out, still gets discovered to hide top secret info on the stuff she chose NOT to erase, and then has the gall to ask those same bosses (us) for a promotion to have more access to secret info. What makes us think she won't do it again? And many media members simply call it a "headache" for her campaign rather than what it really should be....a disqualifier.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It's being reported "Crisis of Character" is already #1 on Amazon. Not that anything in there will sway her legions of followers.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Jmho, but it seems to me that the immunity would have been granted in exchange for full and truthful testimony. When the witness took the 5th, that in itself would be enough to nullify the immunity. That said, the witness loses the immunity and opens himself up to prosecution.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Jmho, but it seems to me that the immunity would have been granted in exchange for full and truthful testimony. When the witness took the 5th, that in itself would be enough to nullify the immunity. That said, the witness loses the immunity and opens himself up to prosecution.
That would be my thinking as well. But I don't know if there's a precedent on something like this.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Details of "Crisis of Character" beginning to leak out. We've heard this stuff before, so maybe this is a rehash. Doubtful it will be enough to move the needle on Hillary's support:

http://pagesix.com/2016/06/05/tell-...ratic-uncontrollable-ways-in-the-white-house/

Hillary Clinton has a “Jekyll and Hyde” personality that left White House staffers scared stiff of her explosive — and even physical — outbursts, an ex-Secret Service officer claims in a scathing new tell-all.

Gary Byrne, who was posted outside the Oval Office when Bill Clinton was president, portrays Hillary as too “erratic, uncontrollable and occasionally violent” to become leader of the free world, according to advance promotional materials exclusively obtained by Page Six.

The allegations from Byrne, a 29-year veteran of the military and federal law enforcement, threaten to derail her campaign days before she is expected to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination.

He describes Hillary Clinton as acting friendly one moment, then raging the next.

The book claims she repeatedly screamed obscenities at her husband, Secret Service personnel and White House staffers — all of whom lived in terror of her next tirade.

Secret Service agents had discussions about the possibility that they would have to protect Bill from his wife’s physical attacks, Byrne writes, and the couple had one “violent encounter” the morning of a key presidential address to the nation.

Byrne says he walked into a room where the president was “involved inappropriately with a woman” who was neither his wife nor Lewinsky.

And he says he once threw out a White House towel stained with a woman’s lipstick — and the president’s “bodily fluids.”

Byrne describes arriving for work one day in 1995 following a loud fight between the Clintons the night before.

The dust-up, he says, left a light blue vase “smashed to bits” and Bill sporting a “real, live, put-a-steak-on-it black eye.”

And of course, here comes the character assassination from Hillary, right on cue:

Hillary Clinton’s campaign downplayed Byrne’s book and compared him to Edward Klein, author of last year’s “Unlikeable: The Problem with Hillary.”

“Gary Byrne joins the ranks of Ed Klein and other ‘authors’ in this latest in a long line of books attempting to cash in on the election cycle with their nonsense,” spokesman Nick Merrill said. “It should be put in the fantasy section of the book store.”

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Uh oh. Roger Clinton hauled in last night for DUI in California. presidential brothers are having a rough go of it

Billy Carter
Neil Bush
Roger Clinton
The guy living in a mud hut in Kenya.

And, in case Hillz gets in the White House, we have this to look forward to again. I haven't posted this one in years!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Another one of Hugh and Bubba. Hugh looks like Bobby from the Sopranos standing there.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I see super delegates like high school recruits. Let's wait to see what happens on signing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.