Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Yes, I try to ring the bell for y'all from time to time. Nevertheless, I find the absurdity of many liberal theories quite amusing.
Ain't you the guy that spelled vapors vapours in a post? I bet you spell likker lik-coor. We are an amusing bunch are we not? You elitist oenophile!:)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Blame Webster... :)
I blame my three years before age nine in the UK on some of my uh not exactly mis-spellings but....

centre
theatre
connexion

Oh you (of all posters here) will like this, Earle. As many of you know, I wrote a Master's thesis a few years ago under the guidance of Dr Wallace, one of the world's (certainly the US) leading authorities in Greek grammar. I was researching writings from the 17th century and there were a number of - by our modern standards - mis-spellings (there were a lot of 'f's where we would have s). He just told me to Anglicize it, that's how they wrote back then (and communicate the modern meaning).

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hillary Clinton's personal doctor on Sunday said she was suffering from pneumonia after the Democratic presidential candidate fell ill at a Sept. 11 memorial, in an episode that renewed focus on her health less than two months before the general election.

Clinton was diagnosed on Friday, but her condition only came to light several hours after a video on social media appeared to show her swaying and her knees buckling before she is helped into a motorcade as she left the memorial early Sunday.

Clinton had a medical examination when she got back to her home in Chappaqua, New York, according to a campaign aide. Her doctor, Lisa Bardack, said in a statement that she has been experiencing a cough related to allergies and that an examination on Friday showed it was pneumonia.

"She was put on antibiotics and advised to rest and modify her schedule. While at this morning's event, she became overheated and dehydrated. I have just examined her and she is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely," Bardack said.

The 68-year-old Clinton abruptly departed the high-profile, televised event at Ground Zero and was taken to her daughter Chelsea's home in Manhattan. She emerged around two hours later on a warm and muggy morning, wearing sunglasses and telling reporters that she was "feeling great."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-...1-ceremony-feeling-much-151548474.html?ref=gs

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I blame my three years before age nine in the UK on some of my uh not exactly mis-spellings but....

centre
theatre
connexion

Oh you (of all posters here) will like this, Earle. As many of you know, I wrote a Master's thesis a few years ago under the guidance of Dr Wallace, one of the world's (certainly the US) leading authorities in Greek grammar. I was researching writings from the 17th century and there were a number of - by our modern standards - mis-spellings (there were a lot of 'f's where we would have s). He just told me to Anglicize it, that's how they wrote back then (and communicate the modern meaning).
The use of an "F-looking" symbol continues in German and is used instead of a double "s." There, it has utility, because a single "s" is voiced like our "z," rather than being a pure sibilant. However, the words ending in "le" instead of "el" remains confusing for Germans. German orthography is not perfect, but it's a lot closer than ours to what's really said. Recently, my SIL wrote "thistle" as "thistel," the way it's pronounced. In German, you'd pronounce "thistle" as "thist-lee." (Actually, since they've lost the "th" sound, it's spelled "Distel." Efforts at spelling reform just don't get anywhere with English-speakers, who just like it the way it is, like the French, who are even worse...

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I doubt she lives to see next year. No way she can campaign and debate in the condition she's in. Her lack of press conferences makes me believe she's been sick for a long time now too.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I doubt she lives to see next year. No way she can campaign and debate in the condition she's in. Her lack of press conferences makes me believe she's been sick for a long time now too.
And what condition is that?
Pneumonia is an extremely broad diagnosis. It simply refers to any infection in the lungs from something very harmless to something deadly.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Pneumonia is an extremely broad diagnosis. It simply refers to any infection in the lungs from something very harmless to something deadly.
I'd hardly call pneumonia - especially in someone her age regardless of her health otherwise - "harmless". Not quite sure what you are attempting to say, but the wording is...odd.

I told Mrs. NT16 this morning they are going to have to come clean over what is going on. I'm not sure if this is the whole story, but overall the immediate statement is believable. Because of the implications and the stories already written and those to come I believe they will need to release the x-rays and other pertinent medical tests to make this go away and be a none-issue.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
pneumonia is not a broad diagnosis. now if they called it a lung infection or bronchial infection, that would be broad. Pneumonia is pretty specific. I have had pneumonia and it has nearly killed me and I was young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.