Just Bought Season Tickets

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What I've been wanting to do since 2012 - I finally did today. Found two upper deck seats for about $1,000 for all seven games, and my brother and I are splitting the cost. Got them on StubHub when someone just lowered the price this morning. I'll attend at least the Big Four (UK ha ha, ATM, MSU, Auburn) since I'll have a 600-mile drive over from Dallas (plus one back; an Auburn entrance exam question is, "How many miles BACK is the 600 mile trip over?" while the second one is, "What color are the amber waves of grain?").

Excited and looking forward to it. Plus we're hashing out what to do with the presumed cupcake games.

RTR - can't wait.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
That's very cool! It's a dream of mine to get season tickets. Will need to acquire a little more financial stability first...and maybe also live closer to Tuscaloosa than Virginia. lol Have a blast!

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
What I've been wanting to do since 2012 - I finally did today. Found two upper deck seats for about $1,000 for all seven games, and my brother and I are splitting the cost. Got them on StubHub when someone just lowered the price this morning. I'll attend at least the Big Four (UK ha ha, ATM, MSU, Auburn) since I'll have a 600-mile drive over from Dallas (plus one back; an Auburn entrance exam question is, "How many miles BACK is the 600 mile trip over?" while the second one is, "What color are the amber waves of grain?").

Excited and looking forward to it. Plus we're hashing out what to do with the presumed cupcake games.

RTR - can't wait.
Just some friendly advice from someone that has had season tickets for many years, you might as well give the "cupcake games" away. You will spend more time trying to make something off of them and end up with nothing.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

RTR - can't wait.

awesome! the Western Kentucky game might not be as cupcake as we would like it to be. It might be closer than the game against Kentucky. Now that it is as much of a financial burden for me, I am going to look into attending more games. It has been a couple years since I have been to a game.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Just some friendly advice from someone that has had season tickets for many years, you might as well give the "cupcake games" away. You will spend more time trying to make something off of them and end up with nothing.
We sold our upper decks last year and bought lowers. We actually got ticket price for all of our cupcake games (less the eBay charges). Made enough on the others to cover the complete ticket cost plus the Tide Pride.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
We sold our upper decks last year and bought lowers. We actually got ticket price for all of our cupcake games (less the eBay charges). Made enough on the others to cover the complete ticket cost plus the Tide Pride.
That's what I do as well. I don't worry about trying to make money off the cupcake games. I list them on ebay at face value. And they usually sell. Very rare that they haven't.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Awesome!! You guys will have the time of your life this upcoming season no doubt about that!!

On a side note, I'm a Tide Pride season ticket holder that will be selling my tickets for the upcoming season. Will sell all the games (prefer to sell all at once) but don't know if I'll keep Auburn or not as that was the only home game I was going to attend this year but my good friend's son is getting married that day. 3 seats on the aisle in U4-FF. Haven't post them on the ticket forum yet, but if interested or have questions, just PM me. I'm not looking to make a killing, just at least to cover the costs and most of my Tide Pride donation per seat.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For starters, thanks for the replies.

When I talk about 'hashing out' what to do with the three lesser games (Coach Saban called me last night and reamed me for daring suggest I take any opponent lightly). Since my brother only lives one hour from T-Town, I'm likely to just give them to him. However, even he doubts he'll go over there for WKY AND Kent AND UTC. I have friends I stay with for free when I come to the Tide games and they're having a difficult time financially (he's been unemployed a while and they're burning through 20 years of savings or they'd be bankrupt now) so I might just give them one or two games. Also, I've noticed on here that if you're willing to let the light games go for face you sometimes have people who will come to the game who don't come to the crowded ones (e.g. LSU, the Vols, Auburn).

Plus - I'll bet I can unload the ATM seats for more than face if I opt out of that one; that will be tough to do, though, since my birthday is that week and God never made a more beautiful place than BDS on a perfect autumn afternoon. My bro and I don't talk that much on the phone but we did yesterday (I had found some seats on EBay and he was actually willing to do it last week but these were about $100 less).

Btw - here's some advice for those lurking - last year I monitored the games every single day on StubHub. There were some season tickets available (few but there were some) AFTER the Wisconsin game and folks were basically unloading them for face value once it became clear they had not sold their seats prior to the beginning of the season. There were a few sets of upper deck seats available for $500 per seat for the whole season - that's why I jumped on what I found yesterday because it was never there the last few years. They were gone within minutes last September. I paid $269 for an upper deck seat to the LSU game last year. I did talk with a scalper that evening, and he told me that if I'd show up there on game day for LSU, I could get in for $200, plus he showed me the license thing they have to have. I bought those seats the morning after we lost to Ole Miss (the calculated gamble was that that game and LSU-Auburn that day would reveal the likelihood of an unbeaten matchup, which would have sent prices soaring). Fwiw - I attended the 2012 MSU game and saw a private guy outside BDS offering his seats AT LSU the next week (the infamous McCarron to Yeldon screen) for $500 a seat in the upper deck.

So I might sell at face, might give to some needy friends - and I might even use one of those games and take my son instead while giving my bro another game to do what he wants with.

Plus - getting four weekends off is not too difficult, I just may have to donate some extra weekend time.

I'd be glad to meet some of you there - I've met happytider and Bama in Boston at BDS before, and crimsonaudio and I missed one another at the 2014 UF game. Here's to the repeat in 2016!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.