Alabama vs Ole Miss 2016. What do you think?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think this is going to be one of the most vicious, dominating games that we will see for the remainder of the Coach Saban era. We will win, but it's going to be very physical, especially via Alabama. A game that you will watch over and over. Any thoughts on 0-2 against these cheats? Pay back time.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I expect a hard fought game. But it could be a blowout by Bama. The players have got to have some pent up emotion after all those turnovers and the two losses. Ole Miss could probably come in expecting to win (as strange as that sounds) and be flat. At any rate I don't think Old Miss wins this one.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think their incoming class of paid professionals aren't nearly as talented as the departing class of paid professionals.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I have to admit...this game is circled on my calendar. In both years we lost to them we had unproven quarterbacks and it will be that way again this year. The Ole Miss fan base is getting under my skin. I'd like to see Kelly hit so hard he's looking through the side hole of his helmet.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With all the crap that happened the past two years like key injuries, bad no calls, and just weird plays that worked I'm in the boat of it almost being like beating Auburn at Jerkin Hair stadium "You know you should win, but there is just all the crap you have to go through to do it that you aren't as confident as you should be about it."

We should win as long as a bad injuries and stupid miracles don't ensue

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think reality bites Ole Miss this year.

They open with Florida State. That's not an easy task. And the game is in Orlando.

The last two years, they've played practice scrimmages against nobodies (2015) and then had an overrated Boise State followed by three joke scrimmages and an off week (prior to Memphis) before meeting us.

By contrast, we've had TOUGH GAMES before playing them that take a toll. In 2014, we had WVA and UF and then the off week and let's not forget we lost a few players, too. Last year we had Wisconsin in Dallas and MTSU then got an 8 o'clock kickoff.

I think all those factors add up this year. Plus, they're gonna have to save some energy - they get UGA right after us. But I'm sure we'll get all they have. We just have to make them pay.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
If Alabama doesn't fumble kickoff returns, Alabama has a very good chance of beating Ole Miss.
People like to forget that if you take away the points scored off turnovers then Alabama crushes Ole Miss. Not making excuses, turnovers are a part of football but it was an uncharacteristically sloppy game. I think if we cover our fundamentals we spank them hard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Both years we've gotten hit by a perfect storm of injuries, turnovers, questionable coaching calls, insane plays - and let's at least give them credit: Ole Miss IS a good football team. It's not like we're losing to Montana State here.

However, since there are no doubt some Ole Miss lurkers here who never post and then run back to other boards talking about what we're saying - here's some advice and reality for you: beating us (even this year) will never be as important to us as losing close to us will be you to you guys (much less actually winning). As far as the ones that matter are concerned (Saban, the staff, the players), you're just another name on the schedule, just another business trip, just one more speed bump on the path to Tampa.

When (not if) we beat you guys this year, we won't storm the field and tear down goalposts or act like we've just been pardoned from an unjust death sentence for murder and won the lottery while scoring sex with Kate Upton. (You guys really ought to act like we're not the first win you've ever had).

We'll get on the bus and go home and get ready for the next opponent.

RTR

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I live in Memphis. Ole Miss fans are at least as bad as barners if not worse. Losing to these guys is torture. But I will trade the losses for Western Division titles every day of the week. Sort of like losing the battle but winning the war. 2011 was a fluke when we got a second chance, but that aside, in order to do anything you have to first win the west. We may be 0-2 the last two years vs the black bears, but we were in ATL when it counted while they were at home.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Ole Miss lost their best offensive lineman, defensive lineman, and one of the best if not the absolute best receiver in college football. I believe they had major losses to their overall defense as well. So they're not going to be as stout.
But, we're still have to play our best. If we do that I think we'll be fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.