Alabama vs Ole Miss 2016. What do you think?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Ole Miss lost their best offensive lineman, defensive lineman, and one of the best if not the absolute best receiver in college football. I believe they had major losses to their overall defense as well. So they're not going to be as stout.
But, we're still have to play our best. If we do that I think we'll be fine.
To be fair, they didn't have that offensive lineman active when we played them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know whats worst... Losing the game twice in a row, or knowing we should've won and Ole sis fans would be in our face all year about it. In 2014 I was unsure until I saw us against Arkansas, but 2015 I pretty much knew right after the game because I think Coker won the team that night and I felt that Ole Miss was going to get stomped by someone down the road. The losses are more frustrating than painful, because you knew that we were the better team both times

Last edited:

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Ole Miss will be the toughest game out of the first six we play. Motivation certainly shouldn't be a problem. and as someone said before, we're past due to get some breaks when we play the Webels. I like our chances.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
not many teams have beaten a saban led team two years in a row. drakes injury two years ago was big, but, still we could have won that game. the second game was a joke. they scored in so many ways. some lucky and some good plays. they did find their qb in Kelly. my key this year, is eliminate turnovers. play passionately, and once again we start a new qb. big status game, must win. should be competitive.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Ole Miss caught us flat the first time; the second game was us playing like the keystone cops with turnovers followed by one weird break after another.
This year Karma is a ......

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Just hope the day is not approaching when schematics becomes the equal to talent.
In concept, I think that is a wonderful. Like GaSo being able to outdo any major conference opponent's output against that 2011 defense. That was all schematics.

In practice, the schematics are exploitations of poor officiating on near impossible to officiate rules and, more importantly, the exploitation of the clock rules which give an impressive advantage to the offense in the short-game (preventing defensive adjustment) and long-game (endurance over 4 quarters when defense is already the most physically exerting part of the game).

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It will be tough. It's always tough to beat a team that thinks they can win. The team knows that this game is the one failure among the many successes over the past two seasons. I think we'll get the job done this time.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
In concept, I think that is a wonderful. Like GaSo being able to outdo any major conference opponent's output against that 2011 defense. That was all schematics.

In practice, the schematics are exploitations of poor officiating on near impossible to officiate rules and, more importantly, the exploitation of the clock rules which give an impressive advantage to the offense in the short-game (preventing defensive adjustment) and long-game (endurance over 4 quarters when defense is already the most physically exerting part of the game).

I guess somewhere around 2008, with the advent of the 40 second clock the nightmare began. The rule changes you meantioned has made it almost impossible for the Bama's of the world to not downsize. Even with smaller LB's DE's and safeties we still have had our share of ugly games. Still Bama's defense keeps evolving. Hard to believe any team in college football substitutes better.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's hard to hit him the way they pass. It is either a run-pass option which dulls the rush or a 1/3-step drop to nullify the rush. If our secondary is a strength, that is really the key. Maybe force him to double-pat a few more passes that are really suppose to get out quick.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
It's hard to hit him the way they pass. It is either a run-pass option which dulls the rush or a 1/3-step drop to nullify the rush. If our secondary is a strength, that is really the key. Maybe force him to double-pat a few more passes that are really suppose to get out quick.
Then intercept a pass and then face plant him on the return. Murray from Georgia says hello.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
They're a team that shouldn't be underestimated. They have as much talent coming back as just about anyone in the conference. With that said, the only team that can beat us is ourselves. Had we played even our B game against them last year, we win by double digits. Instead we played our F game, and still almost won.

If we execute properly, and play to our potential, we'll beat them like they stole something. If we don't, they are good enough to win. It's that simple.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
I live in Memphis. Ole Miss fans are at least as bad as barners if not worse. Losing to these guys is torture. But I will trade the losses for Western Division titles every day of the week. Sort of like losing the battle but winning the war. 2011 was a fluke when we got a second chance, but that aside, in order to do anything you have to first win the west. We may be 0-2 the last two years vs the black bears, but we were in ATL when it counted while they were at home.
Also writing from Memphis. And yes the Ole Sis fans have been unbearable the last two years. In terms of being obnoxious and obsessed with beating Bama, they have surpassed what the Arkansas fans were like 5-6 years ago, and are knocking on the door of the UTeets as the most anti-Bama faction up here. Those same fans that argued with me that two years in a row wasn't a fluke, were the ones coming to me looking for sympathy after the Arkansas game and complaining that the refs blew the call. Best part about them losing to Memphis was getting to look all the Ole Sis fans in the eyes and say in my Allen Iverson voice "Memphis? Memphis. Memphis?!"

As for this season's game, I think our guys will be more focused on business as usual: taking care of the ball, executing, and doing their jobs, rather than on revenge or knocking Chad Kelly's block off (I'd like to fourth the motion of this happening, btw). If this is the case, then Ole Sis is in a world of trouble.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.