Satellite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

bmw

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2015
Beast Lansing
Re: Satelite camps are done

Hello Boys - it's been awhile

I'd like Saban and Alabama to hold a satellite camp in Ann Arbor - ole Jim Hardashian would get his panties in a bunch over that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

On a serious note, I think Dantonio hit the nail on the head: Harbaugh exploited a gray area and the negative effects of the new rule are just what it is. There are all sorts of things in the past that follow this storyline with the NCAA:

Rule exists that has a positive effect for the players and prospects

A coach stretches the letter of the law

Much consternation

The rest of the college world shuts the whole thing down by throwing the baby out with the bath water.

His compliance staff knew they were stretching things when they okayed the sat camp but the institution didn't care about the almost assured blowback this would have for the positive use of this gray area in the rules.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Satelite camps are done

Maybe satellite camps aren't done. Revote incoming? Anybody remember what the final vote was?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

How can I respond to this without being political? It's the Department of Social Justice and they go poking their heads into things that they have no business bothering with.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

Just don't see this one getting reversed. We get the bump rule named in our honor because of perceived recruiting advantages on incidential contact. You can't have an entire football team practicing and interacting with highschoolers for a week at a time. People get engaged with less contact.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

DOJ? Somebody please explain to me what this has to do with satellite camps.
It doesn't not really, but the DOJ has become a entity used to promote certain agendas. The biggest of those agendas is simply that the government needs to be able to approve of practically every activity. I can't go further without being political but in short the NCAA didn't ask the government's permission. That's the simplest explanation I could provide.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

NCAA Board of Directors rescinds ban on satellite camps, sources tell ESPN..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

NCAA Board of Directors rescinds ban on satellite camps, sources tell ESPN..
Another product of media misinformation. They portrayed this as an SEC/Nick Saban thing, and much like the proposed change mandating 10 seconds between plays, making him the focal point was a way to get rid of it. The media's misinformation campaign in both cases became key.

1: Even though they portrayed it as an SEC rule, it was in fact the ACC's proposal that passed. The SEC wanted to have a radius to allow camps within, the ACC wanted the stricter rule.
2: Parties that had no business being involved were brought in to argue against the ban.

Now we have this big giant mess that was preventable, was prevented, but the media got involved and waged a campaign. Even from the first video clip they had about it, ESPN was making patently false statements about who support it and who didn't.

This sort of thing is why UAB football is still a taxpayer drain, why there's no reasonable rules regarding the HUNH (and defensive players being able to come out of the game), and well why coaches like Harbaugh can create an environment of chaos for players.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.