Satellite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Satelite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

Harbaugh is quickly becoming one of the most hated coaches. At least the reason why people don't like Saban...is because of his success. I am waiting to see if Harbaugh can show it on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Satelite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

I stop just short of openly mocking him for being moronic because I have a suspicion that he is on the autism spectrum. Either something is truly wrong with him, or he's just a moronic troll.

And I want to know what he's referring to about us violating ncaa rules.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

Like The Nature Boy Rick Flair says......
If You want to Be the Man,
You've got to beat the Man,
And Coach S, is...THE MAN!!!

Harbaugh is just talkin trash to get publicity....and it's working....everybody just ignore his BS, put faith in what has worked for going on 10 years, and enjoy the ride!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

What's he talking about with breaking NCAA rules? Dummy

I think he is referring to the one assistant coach that Saban fired for committing said infraction. Maybe nobody told Harbaugh he was fired?

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Ole Jim can't get any attention for his coaching, so he resorts to other media to get the attention he thinks he deserves. The Big has a moron in their midst, and he will probably do something stupid like Woody Hayes did. I now see why he got run out of the NFL.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I think Harbaugh was upset because Saban pointed out potential problems or the downside of these football camps Harbaugh has been promoting.

Imagine how upset Harbaugh would be if Saban had pointed out potential problems or the downside of having "sleep-overs" with teenage recruits. :eek2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I don't mind a lot of what Harbaugh is doing, but he sure comes off like a idiot sometimes.
He really takes an "any press is good press" approach to recruiting.

Not to steer this thread politically but his media tactics do remind me of Donald Trump - even before he started running for President.

There's a brash, aggressive, cocksure approach to Harbaugh's SM presence that projects the illusion of confidence and invincibility to impressionable young recruits (who are the only audience he is concerned about).

Any barbs flung at Saban will only get a single headline because Saban NEVER gets into personal scuffles in the public eye. He'll trash an idea or a concept surrounding the sport but he'll never bad-mouth another coach in the media. Unlike politics - the end result is much more easily definable or quantifiable. How successful (at winning games) were you during your tenure as coach? Let's look at the stats.

At least Harbaugh is a good enough coach to back a lot of his chatter up. We'll see how he does with consistency long term.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

CECIL HURT: Harbaugh seeking spotlight with shot on social media

It's doubtful that Saban will respond to Harbaugh, at least verbally. It is 100 percent certain that he won't respond on Twitter, since he doesn't tweet. There's a chance, if Saban is in a mood, that he'll say something, but he usually avoids personal dust-ups with other coaches. He's smart enough to see that arguing with Harbaugh off the field is just mud-wrestling a pig: you're giving the pig what he wants, and you don't look good yourself in the aftermath.

Chances are, Saban knows what Harbaugh exactly is trying to do. And who knows, if Saban were coaching at a program that hasn't been involved in the national championship picture since post-season title play was invented back in 1998, he might feel desperate enough to do the same thing.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Harbaugh wins Twitter, Saban wins championships. I'm good with that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I stop just short of openly mocking him for being moronic because I have a suspicion that he is on the autism spectrum. Either something is truly wrong with him, or he's just a moronic troll.

There was a screen-grab of an article of some high school coaches talking about their interactions with Harbaugh floating around Twitter a couple of weeks back. Can't post it on here because of the language and topic, but it's pretty clear the guy has some issues whether he falls on the spectrum or something else.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

There is one thing that Harbaugh will never be confused for, a respectable human being. The guy is bad for college football and will one day leave Michigan with NCAA sanctions hovering but, it is what they asked for so I'll enjoy watching the train wreck.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

There is one thing that Harbaugh will never be confused for, a respectable human being. The guy is bad for college football and will one day leave Michigan with NCAA sanctions hovering but, it is what they asked for so I'll enjoy watching the train wreck.
It's the Big 10, they have sided with the NCAA in the past and are no doubt the favored child. Even with Ohio State, the NCAA tried to let them off lightly and with the most disgusting case in the history of college football they not only let Penn State get off easy, but then lessened that punishment. All you need to know about the Big 10 and the NCAA is that they tried to suspend the suspension of Ohio State players until after the bowl game.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama

CJH is making me like OSU more and more, well at least one day out of the year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Harbaugh = just another French shower bag with zero championships (and a 'meh' 62% winning percentage coaching FBS football). Remember, Harbaugh won a whopping 58% of his games at Stanford - David Shaw has won 79% of his games as HC at Stanford...

IOW, win something then run your mouth - so far you've accomplished squat.
If we are going to praise Shaw for his record, don't we also have to recognize Harbaugh inherited a program with a 14-31 record over the previous four years and left after going 29-21 (12-1 in his last) over four years? Shaw was handed a much better product thanks to Harbaugh.

Heck, he took a 5-7 team and went 10-3 last season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

All jokes aside, I think this is exactly what's "wrong" with him. Some of his social behaviors are textbook behaviors that fit on the spectrum. The interview with Colin Cowherd last year (which was a complete and total train wreck for both parties) was what convinced me he probably falls on the autism spectrum. Granted, i'm not an expert but my wife's side of the family has a long line of adults and kids who fall on the autism spectrum. So I've had 15+ years experience observing and experiencing the behaviors that are associated with it and Harbaugh (IMO) is definitely on the spectrum.

So I equate his outbursts to the special needs kid on the play ground simply trying to fit in with the rest of the kids but doesn't know how. I feel more sorry for him than angry.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.