Satellite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
To me Harbaugh is a ticking time bomb. Even before all the twitter crap this past week, this guy just seems to be like the crazy family member that everyone avoids. I look for him to go all Woody Hayes on the sideline in the future. If he perceived what CNS said was an attempt to undermine him, that's just crazy. The only question for me is which coach will lose it first, Harbaugh or Muschamp?
Agreed. Remember the Detroit Lions incident?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acD_VGqcBg

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Y'all are feeding the beast by continuing to talk about him. If you think about it, the guy is a marketing genius. He's keeping the Michigan brand name out there in a positive way more than it has been in years. You might say that he's making people mad, blah blah blah. The only ones that he is making mad are the fans. The kids are loving this.
You think the kids at Ohio State, MSU, Wisky, etc are loving it? I think they may put a little extra into it when it comes to the Mich game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You think the kids at Ohio State, MSU, Wisky, etc are loving it? I think they may put a little extra into it when it comes to the Mich game.
I think that the PP meant recruits. Recruits are teens, and this is exactly how they behave - like the tom turkey during mating season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Satelite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

Harbaugh may be able to make it work if he stays in college. He's weird and abrasive but his players only have to deal with him for 3-5 years and the administrators and fans only care about wins, championships, and no major controversies. Harbaugh's biggest problem is I don't think he's a better coach than Urban Meyer. I don't think he's gonna win enough against their biggest rival and that could create some "heartburn" for him.
Working with Harbaugh is like having a hot flannel shirt wrapped around your face during an August summer in the south. The guy had a NFL football team in the NFC Championship game what three years in a row and a superbowl appearance and management wanted to get rid of him? When all of that was going down in SF the NFL Network was reporting that working with him was unbearable. He wore people down with his weird behavior. The same will happen at Michigan.

Y'all are feeding the beast by continuing to talk about him. If you think about it, the guy is a marketing genius. He's keeping the Michigan brand name out there in a positive way more than it has been in years. You might say that he's making people mad, blah blah blah. The only ones that he is making mad are the fans. The kids are loving this.
I don't know about it being positive, but he sure has that name out there.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Every SEC team ought to schedule camps right there in An Arbor just to tic ole Jim Boy off. Pull a couple of his most valuable recruits, too. On top of that, schedule camps around the other big whatever schools and do the same.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jim Harbaugh, on NCAA rules: ‘They’re making them up as they go along’

Jim Harbaugh “won” the Great Satellite Camp War of 2016, but he’s still not pleased with the governing body of collegiate athletics. At all.

During Harbaugh’s appearances at football camps across the country, the Michigan head coach has made it a point to take the time to take a photograph with every registered camper and sign autographs. The NCAA, however, has told Harbaugh that he must cease and desist the picture-taking with potential recruits and their families.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I thought about posting an ESPN article with that quote, but I wasn't sure if he's worth talking about or not. The key there is that he's both telling Nick Saban not to warn people about breaking the rules and saying how hard it is to follow the rules...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought about posting an ESPN article with that quote, but I wasn't sure if he's worth talking about or not. The key there is that he's both telling Nick Saban not to warn people about breaking the rules and saying how hard it is to follow the rules...
Yesterday, Heather Dinich was on Sportscenter from the Baltimore camp. She said the NCAA has employees at every single camp monitoring coaches because it's apparently against the rules to have recruiting conversations with recruits at the camps. What are we to classify as a "recruiting conversation?"

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yesterday, Heather Dinich was on Sportscenter from the Baltimore camp. She said the NCAA has employees at every single camp monitoring coaches because it's apparently against the rules to have recruiting conversations with recruits at the camps. What are we to classify as a "recruiting conversation?"
This is starting to sound a lot like a conversation about bathrooms.

At one point does this stop being one thing and become another....
It's a bit like the wild west. Anything goes and any rules broken by the offender can legitimately be claimed under the "I didn't know that" because it hasn't been spelled out in black and white because it's so brand new" defense. The loopholes are vast and the pool in which to commit offenses has grown to the point that I question the NCAA's ability to police it properly (that's not to say they were doing a good job policing it already....bit like from the frying pan to the fire for them at the moment.)

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
This is starting to sound a lot like a conversation about bathrooms.

At one point does this stop being one thing and become another....
It's a bit like the wild west. Anything goes and any rules broken by the offender can legitimately be claimed under the "I didn't know that" because it hasn't been spelled out in black and white because it's so brand new" defense. The loopholes are vast and the pool in which to commit offenses has grown to the point that I question the NCAA's ability to police it properly (that's not to say they were doing a good job policing it already....bit like from the frying pan to the fire for them at the moment.)
I think this will be totally different next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Harbaugh has worn a jersey at every camp. Today, he's at South Alabama. His choice? A Julio Jones Falcons jersey.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Harbaugh has worn a jersey at every camp. Today, he's at South Alabama. His choice? A Julio Jones Falcons jersey.

"And....and...and...ya know what else guys? When I come over for recruiting visits, we have a sleep over...AND we make s'mores....AND we stay up all night watching Netflix...AND.....

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
"And....and...and...ya know what else guys? When I come over for recruiting visits, we have a sleep over...AND we make s'mores....AND we stay up all night watching Netflix...AND.....
I just spit tea all over my laptop! That's funny.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.