Satellite camps are done (Not anymore - NCAA Changes Its Mind)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just heard on JOX the NCAA has outlawed satellite camps. I tried finding an article but could not locate it. They said camps can only be done on campus or at facilities teams typically use. Sorry Hairball and Scurban.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Satelite camps are done

Dude already got what he wanted anyway...UM back on the map as a top tier program on the rise. He has them playing well as evidenced by the UF demolition in the bowl game. He has created brilliant high visibility among prospects all over the nation. Frankly, I admire the guy and expect to see him in the playoffs as soon as this coming season.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

We laugh now. Is this completely beyond the realm of possibility? The world can be a strange place indeed.
If they go that route then Coach Saban could do the same thing in Ann Arbor..It's not like Coach Saban & The University doesn't have the money to invest in property around Ann Arbor..

Coach Harbaugh has Michigan clicking on all cylinders once again & he just needs to put all his energy towards coaching up his players..All this outside distractions can eventually hinder his football program, instead of helping it, if he doesn't be careful trying to control it..

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

So we can spend some time in the Georgia Dome as well right? I mean, how many games have we played there since Saban arrived? Early season and late season.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

Jimbo is hard to root for. I've been trying since his early success at Stanford. He's always coming at folks with a ton of creativity and energy that pulls you in. But always followed closely by anything as equally insane and unnecessary. Medical science has a simple diagnosis for this roller coaster, but you'd never get him to swallow.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

http://espn.go.com/college-football...aa-bans-satellite-camps-effective-immediately

The comments from the butthurt crowd are awesome . Satellite camps were opposed by the SEC and the ACC, but blind jealousy has the commenters only attacking the SEC (and Saban). Bless their hearts.
Basically southern conferences voted against, northern conferences voted for and as expected fans of northern
conferences are cursing nick, just nick btw, and the supposed power he welds. Butt hurt northern conference fans are the best.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Basically southern conferences voted against, northern conferences voted for and as expected fans of northern
conferences are cursing nick, just nick btw, and the supposed power he welds. Butt hurt northern conference fans are the best.
Everybody looks at Saban/Bama as the bad guy of SEC/southern football especially the B1G. Any fanbase is going to object to the decision which in their opinion goes against them. Stones will be cast when you are on top. In the great words of Mel Brooks, "It's good to be king".

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Everybody looks at Saban/Bama as the bad guy of SEC/southern football especially the B1G. Any fanbase is going to object to the decision which in their opinion goes against them. Stones will be cast when you are on top. In the great words of Mel Brooks, "It's good to be king".
I rather enjoy my team being in the villain role. Much better than the comic relief of the early 2000's.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Didn't Saban spend the last few weeks saying that he didn't give a rat's behind about satellite camps?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

As nitpicky as the NCAA has become over the years when it comes to regulating college football, in all honesty, did they really expect "Satellite Camps" to become the norm in the off-season & the NCAA turn a blind eye to Meechigan from doing them..I always felt like Harbaugh was doing it primarily to give the SEC the middle finger & was doing it cause he's Jim Freaking Harbaugh y'all..LOL

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

This Harbaugh guy seems to me to be about two bubbles off center. All the energy he puts into satellite camps and spring break practices in Florida, spending the night with a recruit(creepy) and climbing trees maybe would be better spent coaching his own team. At least now he has to keep all his crazy behavior up north.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

This is the right thing to do and especially for the NCAA. First it is right to keep cost down, since half the teams are losing money, and then our friends at NCAA can transfer people from the almost defunct enforcement division to the controlling cost division.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.