News Article: Alabama's Trindon Holliday? Meet Sophomore Wide Receiver Xavian Marks

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

It was a run up the middle that essentially left Xavian Marks one-on-one with All-American inside linebacker Reggie Ragland.

It was the type of play Ragland made so often last season, reading, reacting and running to make a stop after limited or no gain.

But the result was different that day in practice last year.

Ragland ran to make the play. But Marks blew past Ragland, got to the outside and accelerated down the sideline for what would have been a touchdown.

"He said, 'I was able to, boom, hit the hole and nobody could catch me, and I scored,'" Marks' father, Clyde, said. "He said everybody on the side basically went crazy and were like, 'Man, we're ready for you to hit the field.'"

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I will admit I was one who thought he would not see the field much if at all when we signed him. Thought we were just adding him due to depth issues. Glad to see I am going to be wrong. Looks like we are going to have a new weapon.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sure sounds like the kid`s going to have a role. Good for him! A 4.4, and it`s the 5th fastest time on the team? Good Lord !
Robert Foster ran a 4.34 and is fastest on team. Ridley and Averitt ran 4.35 and I believe Tony Brown ran 4.37. Marlon did not run for some reason.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think some people brought up Javier Arenas when he came to Alabama and I hope this comparison holds.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
His size and weight compared to his squat and bench is amazing!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This reminds me of Brandon Brooks. He was an amazing return guy, but more impressively he was one of the strongest guys on the team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
X Marks the spot? Spot would be a terrific nickname.
I'd go with 'X' before a name like spot...that's a popular name for a dog. 'X' goes with his first name, and it also goes with the 'x marks the spot' moniker too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.