The Boss cancels a North Carolina Show

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Who's condemning Bruce for not doing the show? I think most are just not Bruce fans because of what he has done in the past and his music just generally sucks to most. I could care less if he skips NC, MS, or Antarctica for that matter. I just don't like his music.

With that said... If he really believes that protesting against NC and MS then good for him. I'm not judging him using his human right to form an opinion. I'm judging him based on his music.
There are some BS :)biggrin:) songs that I like some I don't really care for. I don't give a rip about someone's political views, but why should they rip into states that that pass (or reject) certain laws? At the same time, why should anyone refuse to do business with that state? But they all have that right. Each to their own

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
People supporting a person's right to deny service to someone condemning a person for denying service to someone.

Interesting.
I don't think requiring someone to use the restroom or locker room of their gender is denying service. But that's another topic for a different thread. My main point on this thread is Springsteen sucks. Really sucks really bad. The good people of NC aren't missing anything by having this purveyor of crappy music bypass their state. Did I mention that Springsteen sucks?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I don't think requiring someone to use the restroom or locker room of their gender is denying service. But that's another topic for a different thread. My main point on this thread is Springsteen sucks. Really sucks really bad. The good people of NC aren't missing anything by having this purveyor of crappy music bypass their state. Did I mention that Springsteen sucks?
On the plus side, I now know what to get you for your birthday... ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Pop Quiz

Who has more arrests for sexual behaviors in Bathrooms Trans People or Members of the GOP?

http://ntrsctn.com/irl/2016/03/republican-legislators-arrested-for-bathroom-misconduct

Research shows the only thing Republican lawmakers have to fear when it comes to inappropriate behavior in bathrooms is—wait for it—themselves.

At least three Republican legislators have been arrested for soliciting or performing sexual acts in a bathroom, according to NewNowNext.

But lawmakers in North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, and Texas have been pointing the finger at trans people. Those states continue relying on the claim that sexual predators will be able access to women's bathrooms if trans people are allowed to use facilities that match their gender identities instead of the sex assigned on their birth certificates.

Media Matters, a non-profit organization dedicated to monitoring media for conservative misinformation, found that no actual incidents involving predatory transgender people have occurred. What stories have circulated in the press have all turned out to be false and perpetuated by hate groups.

There has never been a single reported case of sexual abuse perpetrated by a transgender person in a bathroom.
Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality told NTRSCTN that there has never been a single reported case of sexual abuse perpetrated by a transgender person in a bathroom.

Instead, it seems to be Republican legislators who pose the real bathroom threat.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Is this law basically the same as the one Mississippi just passed? If so what does the bill allow? Is it simply a private business owner has the right to refuse service to someone for religious reasons? Or is there more to it than that?
MS is actually slightly worse
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-lgbt-law-is-worse-than-north-carolina-s.html

the NC however also repealed a law in Charlotte that was passed locally and forbid local areas to make their own laws on LGBT protections, because you know small local government is apparently only best when it does what you want

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Bruce needn't get his knickers in a twit. Like I've said before, a federal decision will come down soon enough that will strike this down, and then Bruce can re-schedule all his North Carolina shows, come out on stage like a mule eating briars and lecture the audience on tolerance.

Rolling Stone and Esquire are patiently awaiting and already drafting their stories.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Bruce needn't get his knickers in a twit. Like I've said before, a federal decision will come down soon enough that will strike this down, and then Bruce can re-schedule all his North Carolina shows, come out on stage like a mule eating briars and lecture the audience on tolerance.

Rolling Stone and Esquire are patiently awaiting and already drafting their stories.
Well his initial are BS. LOL
What is the big deal about going along with how you are born long enough to pee? No matter what I think kids don't need to have to figure out what older people do or why. I'm in favor of let the children as long as they can. I think we can all agree that they shouldn't suffer over peoples sexual preferences.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well his initial are BS. LOL
What is the big deal about going along with how you are born long enough to pee? No matter what I think kids don't need to have to figure out what older people do or why. I'm in favor of let the children as long as they can. I think we can all agree that they shouldn't suffer over peoples sexual preferences.
yes, this person being the restroom with young girls won't cause any questions at all

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Heck this would take the pressure off me of having to decide whether to take my daughter into the men's restroom with me or me go into the women's restroom with her when we are out in public and my wife isn't with us. I would just go into the women's restroom with her and we both could use the restroom without any social judgment or someone calling the cops again. I hate it when they call the cops.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Heck this would take the pressure off me of having to decide whether to take my daughter into the men's restroom with me or me go into the women's restroom with her when we are out in public and my wife isn't with us. I would just go into the women's restroom with her and we both could use the restroom without any social judgment or someone calling the cops again. I hate it when they call the cops.
Take her into the men's restroom with you. I don't have any first hand info but my understanding is that the women's restroom is almost always more crowded than the men's. Not sure if this will equal things out or not. Time will tell.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
How did America function, how did trannies pee, how did we decide where to go to the bathroom for the last 2 centuries without someone telling us how to do it? I am so glad our leaders are so easily manipulated by simpletons who know how everyone else should live.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
are you a transsexual?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
How did America function, how did trannies pee, how did we decide where to go to the bathroom for the last 2 centuries without someone telling us how to do it? I am so glad our leaders are so easily manipulated by simpletons who know how everyone else should live.
we used to have signs to help us

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.