The Boss cancels a North Carolina Show

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
you realize that under our peeping tom/sexual predator laws every single one of these behaviors is already illegal right? But you "small government" types can never be happy without more laws
We small government types wouldn't need more laws if you big government types didn't make victims out of everybody. You are making victims out of .03% of the population while endangering close to 50% of the population. Sorry but that is really stupid. Please show me where this is a real issue because I haven't seen it. As a matter of fact I have seen the exact opposite. When I was single living in Tallahassee some trans-gender people came to the bar we went to and used the women bathroom with no incidents.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
We small government types wouldn't need more laws if you big government types didn't make victims out of everybody. You are making victims out of .03% of the population while endangering close to 50% of the population. Sorry but that is really stupid. Please show me where this is a real issue because I haven't seen it. As a matter of fact I have seen the exact opposite. When I was single living in Tallahassee some trans-gender people came to the bar we went to and used the women bathroom with no incidents.
Agree. Although I haven't been in many women's restrooms, I understand they all have at least one stall. I know not whether they talk among themselves while taking care of their business. All the men's rooms I've ever been in have at least one stall, and know that we men generally don't socialize with others while we're in their doing our thing. So, what's wrong with just going into the stall in your gender specific room, taking care of your business and leaving? What's the big deal?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yep. But I've got a pretty good number of liberals on my friend list as well who were celebrating and accusing people who didn't agree with Target they "hate" transgender people. Talk about jumping off an emotional cliff. LOL! "Since you don't agree with this it means you hate people." Sensitive bunch.
If you look past the smokescreen, you'll see that that's what liberals are all about - playing the "hate" card.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yep. But I've got a pretty good number of liberals on my friend list as well who were celebrating and accusing people who didn't agree with Target they "hate" transgender people. Talk about jumping off an emotional cliff. LOL! "Since you don't agree with this it means you hate people." Sensitive bunch.
Let me guess....the same clowns think Springsteen is acting on his convictions, right?

Shouldn't Springsteen have declared this policy at his concert years ago if it really meant that much to him? "Hey just so you know, you trannies can go to any bathroom you want here and we even have a midget tranny bathroom for the millions of you fearful of falling in. Now I'll continue the concert with "Born To Runs."

I'm partly kidding and partly serious.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Let me guess....the same clowns think Springsteen is acting on his convictions, right?

Shouldn't Springsteen have declared this policy at his concert years ago if it really meant that much to him? "Hey just so you know, you trannies can go to any bathroom you want here and we even have a midget tranny bathroom for the millions of you fearful of falling in. Now I'll continue the concert with "Born To Runs."

I'm partly kidding and partly serious.
The mindset of the left is to jump aboard whatever agenda is being pushed forward (climate change, gay marriage, bathroom confusion, gun confiscation, unfettered immigration, etc.) without considering what their stance was yesterday. It's called "evolving." :rolleyes:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The mindset of the left is to jump aboard whatever agenda is being pushed forward (climate change, gay marriage, bathroom confusion, gun confiscation, unfettered immigration, etc.) without considering what their stance was yesterday. It's called "evolving." :rolleyes:
Well maybe if conservatives believed in evolution......LOL!!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think Target royally screwed up. In all seriousness, whoever is in charge of their PR needs thrown from an airplane without a parachute. First of all, they royally botched the whole same sex marriage thing - and then finally came out 'in support' of it. Apparently - in what had to have been an effort to not be the last one stampeding to the bathroom (pardon the pun) - Target comes right out (again - pardon the pun) and endorses 'use whatever bathroom you wish.' According to what I read, there are 700,000 trannies nationwide and Target has a million names against them on a petition. (And in yet another irony making you wonder 'what the hell were they thinking' - you can bet these numbers are heavily weighted towards big cities).

They really Donald Trump-ed this one. I honestly am not sure I can think of anything dumber than what they did.

Let's see what some alternatives might be:

1) Say nothing at all

2) State it has been taken under advisement and we will have an announcement shortly

3) Come out and state that you are remodeling all your stores that don't already have them with unisex bathrooms while noting what number of your stores already have this arrangement.....and conclude with how 'we want everyone to feel welcome at Target.'

I mean - this does not take any particularly deep intellect, does it?

They would have been smarter to have come out AGAINST 'use whatever bathroom you want' than to do what they did - based solely on numbers.

Is the Target PR person the same one who oversaw the "Conan Takes Over For Jay" debacle?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I think Target royally screwed up. In all seriousness, whoever is in charge of their PR needs thrown from an airplane without a parachute. First of all, they royally botched the whole same sex marriage thing - and then finally came out 'in support' of it. Apparently - in what had to have been an effort to not be the last one stampeding to the bathroom (pardon the pun) - Target comes right out (again - pardon the pun) and endorses 'use whatever bathroom you wish.' According to what I read, there are 700,000 trannies nationwide and Target has a million names against them on a petition. (And in yet another irony making you wonder 'what the hell were they thinking' - you can bet these numbers are heavily weighted towards big cities).

They really Donald Trump-ed this one. I honestly am not sure I can think of anything dumber than what they did.

Let's see what some alternatives might be:

1) Say nothing at all

2) State it has been taken under advisement and we will have an announcement shortly

3) Come out and state that you are remodeling all your stores that don't already have them with unisex bathrooms while noting what number of your stores already have this arrangement.....and conclude with how 'we want everyone to feel welcome at Target.'

I mean - this does not take any particularly deep intellect, does it?

They would have been smarter to have come out AGAINST 'use whatever bathroom you want' than to do what they did - based solely on numbers.

Is the Target PR person the same one who oversaw the "Conan Takes Over For Jay" debacle?
I went to Target today, slammed as always

I've also been involved with big data projects with Target and it's competitors and trust me, Targetlike others know their customer base better than their customers know themselves. This won't hurt them a bit. For their demographic this message plays right in. As it's been said, there is a reason walmart is covered in duck dynasty crap and target isn't

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

I've also been involved with big data projects with Target and it's competitors and trust me, Targetlike others know their customer base better than their customers know themselves. This won't hurt them a bit. For their demographic this message plays right in. As it's been said, there is a reason walmart is covered in duck dynasty crap and target isn't
It has already hurt their stock price. It has dropped over 5% in ten days, or about 2.5 billions dollars.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/04/2...-transgender-bathroom-inclusivity-controversy
http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/29/target-stock-prices-drop-amid-new-bathroom-policy-and-boycott/

To add to the discussion on the logic of allowing those who identify as the opposite sex rather than what they are anatomically, I saw a good comment recently. The poster suggested if we are going to remove the right to privacy from others there really is no need to have enclosed restrooms. Everyone can just do their business in full view and then there will be no danger from sexual predators. Extreme? Sure, but the requirement to allow men dressed as women into ladies rooms is extremely offensive too.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Target is the Wal-Mart for people too good to go to Wal-Mart. The boycott will die down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
Target is the Wal-Mart for people too good to go to Wal-Mart. The boycott will die down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In our society of "me too" social media Justice people tend to hop on and off trends very quickly. Most feel successful as long as their post gets a few likes and or remarks. I doubt Target will even notice any drop off.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I doubt they will be hurt in the long run. As Jon said they know who their customers are. Unlike Cracker Barrel and the backlash that ensued when they removed Duck Dynasty merchandise. That was a case of a corporation not knowing or acknowledging their base. They "acted stupidly" and had to walk it back.

Cracker Barrel has a Diversity Department which means they think they're Starbucks. Apparently they make some decisions that are not well thought through in regard to their customers. Whenever I go to Cracker Barrel - which is not often I feel like I'm in a crowd that's half deer hunters and half former watchers of the original "Hee Haw" series.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
There was a movie a while back that featured Jennifer Connelly trapped in a Target overnight. It may or may not have been a good movie, but the scene with her on the mechanical pony was ... [emoji14]

Carry on.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Look - I seriously DOUBT any boycott is going to work. When was the last actual boycott that did work - anywhere? The civil rights boycotts of the 60s? And if they worked it was only because the black populace was a substantial portion of their business.

I think most folks ranting about boycotting anyone on Facebook are doing it just to hear themselves be heard anyway.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Look - I seriously DOUBT any boycott is going to work. When was the last actual boycott that did work - anywhere? The civil rights boycotts of the 60s? And if they worked it was only because the black populace was a substantial portion of their business.

I think most folks ranting about boycotting anyone on Facebook are doing it just to hear themselves be heard anyway.
As I referenced earlier it did work to an extent with Cracker Barrel. But you are right. Even the loyal Target shoppers who disagree with their silly bathroom policy are of the opinion that they will go to the bathroom at home before they enter the store. They won't stop shopping there.

It's like Trump voters, right? :) It'll take a lot more than Ted Cruz saying he's too much like Hillary to pull them in another direction.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i thought that the southern baptists were going to take down disney for good

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.