Spieth vs. Newton - Masters related since this is FB board

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Spieth vs. Newton

Two polar opposites in so many different ways...but especially in handling a big loss.

I'd even argue that JS's was even more difficult to handle because, if you play golf, you know golf is all about you against the course that everybody else has to play.

His collapse at #12 was one of the worse I've ever seen...probably worse than Greg Norman's in '96...simply because it all happened on just one hole.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I edited the subject since I didn't have a clue what this was about. Since this is the offseason, I'll leave it here instead of moving it to the appropriate board.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

No one should be surprised by the difference between Spieth and newton in the way they responded to a loss. Night and day difference in their character.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks dayhiker.......I wasn't sure what it was either at first so join the club*!

* get it....the club.....as in golf club....I'll be here all week....please don't forget to tip your bartender and waiter....:)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Willet played golf at J/ville State which also has a football team which almost beat Auburn. :wink:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Willet played golf at J/ville State which also has a football team which almost beat Auburn. :wink:
Not only that, Willet is from the North of England. Have to give Spieth props as he admitted he was absolutely gutted losing after his bogies on the 12th which let Willet in, but he definitely displayed aplomb awarding Willet the green jacket. All sports figures, especially Scam Newton, should watch that presentation over and over again until they finally realize this is how you should act.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not only that, Willet is from the North of England. Have to give Spieth props as he admitted he was absolutely gutted losing after his bogies on the 12th which let Willet in, but he definitely displayed aplomb awarding Willet the green jacket. All sports figures, especially Scam Newton, should watch that presentation over and over again until they finally realize this is how you should act.

In other words........

:smile:

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida

Two polar opposites in so many different ways...but especially in handling a big loss.

I'd even argue that JS's was even more difficult to handle because, if you play golf, you know golf is all about you against the course that everybody else has to play.

His collapse at #12 was one of the worse I've ever seen...probably worse than Greg Norman's in '96...simply because it all happened on just one hole.
Not really just one hole. He started the back nine with bogey on 10 and 11. That is when the wheels began to fall off. 12 is where the melt down occurred. After the 2nd one in the water, I immediately thought of Weiskoph's 12 strokes on 12 and was hoping Spieth didn't duplicate that, the worst I've ever witnessed on tour.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Not really just one hole. He started the back nine with bogey on 10 and 11. That is when the wheels began to fall off. 12 is where the melt down occurred. After the 2nd one in the water, I immediately thought of Weiskoph's 12 strokes on 12 and was hoping Spieth didn't duplicate that, the worst I've ever witnessed on tour.
He had been playing with fire all week with some pretty bad shots, but he was like 12 out of 15 in saving par scrambling up to the back nine on Sunday.

His bogeys at 10 and 11 were survivable. His first shot into the water at 12 was survivable, but it was his 3rd (after the penalty and drop) that killed him. If he hits the third shot on the green and even two puts for a five he still probably wins the tournament.

Ironically, his four straight birdies on holes 6-9 probably lowered his guard. Golf is funny that way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.