British muslims are becoming a nation within a nation

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They don't sound ALL bad
this is (or at least was, i assume it is still prevalent) a fairly common belief among southern baptists and i would imagine among many of the christian denominations.

of course, i fully expect the thread to devolve into the semantics of how "submit graciously" and "obey" mean completely different things.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Does this mean that in future Super Bowl halftime shows, we will be treated to Beyonce shakin her burqa covered booty?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
we already have that crap here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiryas_Joel,_New_York

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Creek_Community

etc, etc, etc

And Remember RFRA's Protect exactly this next time your favorite GOP Candidate asks for money or votes to support Religious Freedom Laws you are making it easier for this stuff to happen, right here in America

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

etc, etc, etc

And Remember RFRA's Protect exactly this next time your favorite GOP Candidate asks for money or votes to support Religious Freedom Laws you are making it easier for this stuff to happen, right here in America
All the bakers had to say was "I'm sorry we're booked up for the next six months on making wedding cakes" and this forest fire could have been avoided. But you're right, the problem with giving people religious exemptions is that's all well and good until an exemption allows a behavior that is atrocious to "you".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

etc, etc, etc

and dont forget our toothless brethren to the north

linky

Despite their opposition, the top leaders of the Senate anticipate a bill to make the Bible the official book of Tennessee to receive approval when it comes up for a vote on the chamber's floor.

"It’s fundamentally wrong. I think it’s sacrilegious," Senate Majority Leader Mark Norris, R-Collierville, said on Wednesday, adding that he believes there will be enough votes for the controversial bill to pass.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

etc, etc, etc

I don't think they want to convert you or kill you though do they? Hey, if they want to marry multiple wives and live with all that drama, more power to them. I can barely live with one, much less several. As for the pedophilia, yes, those sick SOBs need to die.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't think they want to convert you or kill you though do they? Hey, if they want to marry multiple wives and live with all that drama, more power to them. I can barely live with one, much less several. As for the pedophilia, yes, those sick SOBs need to die.
The Jews don't want to convert you, if you weren't born a Jew too bad for you in their mind. They don't even want the ones that married and converted, many don't recognize them as real. The FLDS will take converts and they have been known to stockpile weapons, I have no doubt that many would use them if Crazy Warren were to ask.

There are lots of other examples too, some crazier (like the Branch Dividians) than others

Last edited:

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
this is (or at least was, i assume it is still prevalent) a fairly common belief among southern baptists and i would imagine among many of the christian denominations.

of course, i fully expect the thread to devolve into the semantics of how "submit graciously" and "obey" mean completely different things.
Ask the ladies in your life and I'm sure they will gladly explain how all this will work. Remember to duck twice, it's the second object that will get you.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Maybe if we stopped focusing on the differences and starting focusing on the similarities we could all get along. With that being said I think we ALL need to resist the temptation of being a "victim". My neighbor can be or believe whatever he wants. Would I like for him to believe what I do? Sure. Like most humans I am doing what I believe to be right. That doesn't give me the right to force you to be like minded with me (as if I could). It also doesn't give my neighbor the right to force me to what he wishes I was. My opinion is this: The world seems to be filling up with people who long to be the victim of something. Let's all just chill. There's plenty of time to get mad with your neighbor when he comes in you yard spewing crap. Then you simply feed it to him.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Let's all just chill. There's plenty of time to get mad with your neighbor when he comes in you yard spewing crap. Then you simply feed it to him.
What happens when your neighbor never says anything to you but meets two other guys/gals at the mall across town and blows it up?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
What happens when your neighbor never says anything to you but meets two other guys/gals at the mall across town and blows it up?
Same as always arrest them or kill them, depending on timing and resistance. Convict them and lock them up. I am not condoning letting bad people in, I just don't know how to separate them. I also don't know how to tell if my neighbors that are already here are nuts....There is a huge difference in the United States and Britain in that we are well armed.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Same as always arrest them or kill them, depending on timing and resistance. Convict them and lock them up. I am not condoning letting bad people in, I just don't know how to separate them. I also don't know how to tell if my neighbors that are already here are nuts....There is a huge difference in the United States and Britain in that we are well armed.
My neighbor has a pistol in every room of his house. In his bedroom he has a pistol and an AR-15. On his leg he keeps strapped a smaller pistol. Nicest dude you'll ever meet. Just don't make him mad. :wink:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I believe in letting poisonous snakes live too....as long as they don't come into my neighborhood. If they do I know they will bite me or someone in my family. They cannot co-exist because that is what they are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My neighbor has a pistol in every room of his house. In his bedroom he has a pistol and an AR-15. On his leg he keeps strapped a smaller pistol. Nicest dude you'll ever meet. Just don't make him mad. :wink:
I have a 9mm pistol at my desk where I'm working, which I can easily touch. And, yes, I have an AR-15 in my bedroom and I don't consider myself a nut at all..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.