Top car in it's class in Germany for the month of March? Mustang 5.0

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Nice to see a modern classic do well over seas

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/2933/ford-mustang-named-germanys-best-selling-sports-coupe

LAWRENCE ULRICHView Lawrence's Articles
For many Germans, their only glimpse of American muscle has been David Hasselhoff’s Baywatch-era abs. But the wet hot Ford Mustang is changing all that. After a half-century as strictly a Yankee proposition, the Mustang and its tire-smoking ethos is finally being exported overseas. That includes Germany, where the Ford pulled a shocker in March by becoming the nation’s best-selling sport coupe.

The Mustang found 780 buyers in what a German transport agency dubs the Sportwagen class. That nipped one of Germany’s own automotive icons, the Porsche 911, with 752 sales; the Audi TT followed with 708, and the Mercedes E-class coupe with 532. (Apropos of these figures it might be helpful to know that "verräter” is German for “traitor,” by the way). For 2016, the Mustang trails only the Audi for the sport-coupe title, at 1,822 versus 2,299.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I'm all for American cars doing welL and I test drove a Mustang GT with a 6MT about a month ago. I struggle to come up with anything nice to say about it. I really wanted to like it, but the steering was all wrong, the clutch engaged way too soon, going into reverse was ridiculous, and the brakes were forgettable (which could be considered good-ish?). There was too much body roll, poor visibility, and shoddy build quality. The sticker was $43k. I've heard that Ford is rushing its replacement.

It is a good-looking car, though. So I could come up with something nice to say.

I would like to have a go at the GT350. Methinks that is a different animal!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.