Link: Saban Not Ready to Walk Away

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Hey I'm not ready for him to walk away. He can stay until he's 75. And I say that knowing full well the chances of him maintaining this run are slim. 4 NCs in 7 seasons is a blistering pace. If he keeps that up, great. If he doesn't and we level off, I'm still ok with it. What he's done with this program is historic. I'm certain he will have his name on that stadium somehow after he retires.
Just imagine the new Nick Saban Press Conference Suite, complete with no amenities (except one Coke dispenser).

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Seen some mention Swinney as his possible replacement or Kiffin maybe even Smart. Would these be the top 3?
I would suspect that today that may be a reasonable line up, but in 5 years who knows? Coaching for another 5 years to age 70 is probably as good a possible scenario as any, but if he still felt good physically and still felt the drive, I could see him going a bit beyond that.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I would suspect that today that may be a reasonable line up, but in 5 years who knows? Coaching for another 5 years to age 70 is probably as good a possible scenario as any, but if he still felt good physically and still felt the drive, I could see him going a bit beyond that.
Frankly I don't think his age will be a deciding factor. Instead, his readiness to walk away from the game will make him walk into the AD's office and let it be known.
Whatever age a person might be when they get ready to retire is of little consequence. When you're ready, you're ready.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on Tide Fans but the issue with CPB was state funds; articles at the time even said they could pay him from other sources such as alumni. The age is still 70 if my web research is correct but again - I'm no lawyer so don't quite me as a authority.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I am a state employee that's retirement eligible.

There is no mandatory retirement age for state employees (aside from judges who can't be elected or appointed after they've turned 70). You can work as long as you're able. Throughout my career, I've worked with numerous employees over 70 years old and more than 40 years of state service.

I was in high school when Bryant retired so I don't know when the law was changed

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.