Just a little pet peeve of mind I need to get off my chest for today.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Pharma commercials on TV.

And even worse......half of the commercial is explaining possible side effects.

"and be sure to tell your Doctor if you've had a liver or kidney transplant."

:rolleyes:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Pharma commercials on TV.

And even worse......half of the commercial is explaining possible side effects.

"and be sure to tell your Doctor if you've had a liver or kidney transplant."

:rolleyes:
there is an asthma medication that can cause "asthma related death". why would anyone take this?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If I had to choose between the disease and the side effects of the medicinal treatments, I'd rather just stay sick.
Me too. When they show a smiling elderly couple walking in the park with a dog and the gentleman has a sweater wrapped sround his shoulders, the announcer says something about suicidal thoughts, it sort of ruins the excitement I have about asking for it. :rolleyes:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This one is a common pet peeve for those of us who handle this in our personal household or for our businesses. I had to wait a day to post this or I would have posted this in all caps. Employees of companies who cannot fluently speak or understand the English language is not only beyond frustrating but it can cause headaches for the customers having to deal with them.

Yesterday I spent an unnecessary 1.5 HOURS on the phone with a representative of a company I use for my personal business trying to workout a problem that was directly caused by a language barrier. The company was comcast cable. Last month I had to add a box to my account for one of my rental properties. In theory it should have been a very simple task and phone call. But it wasn't, when I called to have an additional box installed the person I talked to not only had a problem fluently speaking English but also had a problem with understanding it as well. Granted, I have a southern accent but it isn't so bad that people routinely have a hard time understanding what I'm saying.We both struggled to understand one another. It was quite frustrating and after I got off the phone I remember telling my wife "How much you want to bet I'll have to call back next month because he'll screw the order up?" Well, my bill came in yesterday and it was over $520. In the struggle of us not understanding each other and having to continue to ask each other to repeat what we said, it is obvious there were times that the other just assumed they understood the other party. According to my bill I had upgraded to an entirely different package that included a lot of premium content. It took 1.5 hours of my time to undo what should have never been done. All due to an unqualified employee.

Unfortunately this is becoming very common when dealing with companies and from my experiences is getting worse.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
This one is a common pet peeve for those of us who handle this in our personal household or for our businesses. I had to wait a day to post this or I would have posted this in all caps. Employees of companies who cannot fluently speak or understand the English language is not only beyond frustrating but it can cause headaches for the customers having to deal with them.

Yesterday I spent an unnecessary 1.5 HOURS on the phone with a representative of a company I use for my personal business trying to workout a problem that was directly caused by a language barrier. The company was comcast cable. Last month I had to add a box to my account for one of my rental properties. In theory it should have been a very simple task and phone call. But it wasn't, when I called to have an additional box installed the person I talked to not only had a problem fluently speaking English but also had a problem with understanding it as well. Granted, I have a southern accent but it isn't so bad that people routinely have a hard time understanding what I'm saying.We both struggled to understand one another. It was quite frustrating and after I got off the phone I remember telling my wife "How much you want to bet I'll have to call back next month because he'll screw the order up?" Well, my bill came in yesterday and it was over $520. In the struggle of us not understanding each other and having to continue to ask each other to repeat what we said, it is obvious there were times that the other just assumed they understood the other party. According to my bill I had upgraded to an entirely different package that included a lot of premium content. It took 1.5 hours of my time to undo what should have never been done. All due to an unqualified employee.

Unfortunately this is becoming very common when dealing with companies and from my experiences is getting worse.
As they say, consider the source - Comcast

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

I'm sure it will improve when Pakistan raises their minimum wage to $15.00 and hour...

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
During the menu prompts choose the Spanish option and you will most likely get an American who speaks both Spanish and English fluently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Silverback. I'm glad to see you're doing well. I heard you were shot in Cincinnati last weekend.

Forgive me. I couldn't resist.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.