Just a little pet peeve of mind I need to get off my chest for today.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Here's a fun one that I've recently dealt with twice from my absolutely favorite company, AT&T.

Have a relatively minor billing and/or usage issue, and don't want to get stuck talking to someone on the phone that I can't understand. They have a customer service chat option so I click on that.

Customer Service person: "I can definitely help you with that!" 15 minutes later after giving information. "I'm sorry but I can't help you with that so I'll have to transfer you."
CS Person #2: "Hold on a minute while I read through the previous chat." "Ok, I can definitely help you sort out this issue, but first can you give me all of the information you just gave the last person?" 10 minutes later. "I can't help you with that, let me transfer you."
CS Person #3: You guessed it, "Hold on a minute while I read through the previous chat." .... "Information again." .... "I will get this fixed for you right away." ... "I'm sorry but this is handled by our billing department and you will have to call them at XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Followed by about 10 minutes of me berating this person/their system in chat and then calling the people who now have to deal with an extremely angry customer that their own system created.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Facebook friends who make sappy posts and then insist that you share or C&P - or else. I thought chain letters had died because of the cost of postage. Then came Facebook...
I hate the people on FB who post something vague and mysterious insinuating that they've been done wrong in some way. And, then when somebody asks what's wrong (which is what the OP wanted in the first place), they say, "Well, I really didn't want to get into it here, but..." Riiiight. Of course you didn't. :rolleyes:

tidegrandpa

All-American
My pet peeve.

When my wife tells me I'm wasting money buying firearms and tools while she is spending BIG money on cosmetics. (I'm typing at work so I maybe won't be in trouble for that remark)
Husband,looking at Visa bill, "Why did you spend this much on makeup"

Wife, "Look what you spend on beer, I can at least make my self look pretty"

Husband, "that's what the beer is for!" :cool:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Facebook friends who make sappy posts and then insist that you share or C&P - or else. I thought chain letters had died because of the cost of postage. Then came Facebook...

So you don't love Jesus and you don't care about people who have cancer. And I thought you were a nice guy.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
You mean you don't Like to give 100 Prayers or Share for 1,000 Prayers?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My pet peeves currently remain the same phrases that are like the proverbial finger nails scraping the blackboard :

1. At the end of the day.
2. He/They play like they he/they have a chip on their shoulder(s).
3. I/We/They have your back.
4. Me and him went to the game.
5. Myself and him went to the game.
6. Prayer Warriors

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I saw one last night that instructed me:

"SHARE IF YOU LOVE JESUS
IF NOT KEEP SCROLLING"

Man...talk about putting me on the spot.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I saw one last night that instructed me:

"SHARE IF YOU LOVE JESUS
IF NOT KEEP SCROLLING"

Man...talk about putting me on the spot.
I once got unfriended because I didn't "like" a post that said basically, "Like or share if you love Jesus. Ignore if you love the devil." I never even saw the post, but I wouldn't have responded if I had.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I once got unfriended because I didn't "like" a post that said basically, "Like or share if you love Jesus. Ignore if you love the devil." I never even saw the post, but I wouldn't have responded if I had.
I would have unfriended you too. I mean, who wants to be associated with someone who loves the devil?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My wife's grandmother passed this week. It was an unexpected passing (massive heart attack) and caught everyone off guard. It has been a very hard week for the family. She was a very classy and cultured woman. Her and "Paw-Paw" traveled the world as part of the military (until he retired of course). She had a "thing" for elegance, style, class etc. Her house could have easily been apart of a southern living magazine. She was a very classy woman and this was known to everyone who knew her. She believed when you went to see someone you looked nice or in her words "presentable". She was from the old school. Hey, she was almost 90 years old. What did you expect? LOL!

Her funeral was nothing short of class. At her wishes the services were kept to family only and she had no obituary (by her wishes).

Here comes the pet peeve. EVERYONE who was apart of the family KNEW how she was regarding "being old school", dressing nice and putting your best foot forward when going places. Her services reflected her personality and everyone knew when they showed up to respect her and dress their best. Well, except for one of her nephews. He's about 55 years old and is one of these who goes out of his way to go against "the establishment". Social and cultural expectations for someone's funeral as "Maw-Maw's" is to dress your best because we all knew her. The day and event was about her, to honor her and her wishes. This nephew shows up to her services in attire that looked like he was running up to wal mart to pick up a bag of fertilizer to go back home and spread it. For the record. This guy isn't poor (he's very well off matter of fact), this wasn't a case of it's "all he had" or the "best he had". It was another case where he wasn't going to "conform" to any "rules" and wasn't going to be "told what to do". This day was about "Maw-Maw", not him. This was to honor her, she was supposed to be the center of attention on this day. No one said anything to him (because that's what he wanted. He loves confrontation) but there were some disgusted family members who sure did want to pull him aside and scold him. Just pure disrespect. I'm all for being your own person and stuff like that. But stuff like this just ticks me off. Show some dang respect for the dead, especially seeing who it was and knowing the type woman she was.

Okay. Off my soap box.

Happy Saturday!!!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.