**** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama **** (arrived 1/8)

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Re: Tua Tagovailoa: Elite 11 MVP -VIDEO

Special.

Now I know we are just looking at highlight tape here, but geez. Watching his leadership is what stands out to me.

Special.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Re: **** 2017 4* QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

Whatever "it" is, he has it. The best talent I've seen in a long, long, long time. But the best thing of all is he is very well mannered and polite. This young man will be elite.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Re: **** 2017 4* QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Drama-with-Tagovailoa-46786976

Judging from a few tweets, there is some smoke around St. Louis (Hawaii) and Alabama quarterback commit Tua Tagovailoa.
The immediate report is his unexpected and untimely departure from St. Louis high school as of today.

*insert tweet here. It wouldn't copy for some reason

Tagovailoa is the nation's No. 35 ranked player, per the 247Sports Composite. He's also considered the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the nation.

The four-star is also planning on taking other visits, despite his commitment to Alabama. USC, UCLA and Oregon are others still considered in his recruitment. This may not have anything to with his commitment to Alabama, but it's certainly an interesting development to watch.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Re: **** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

Wow what an amazing video! Love that he is driven by his faith and he's such a good man. Reminds me of how Tebow presented himself to his team and peers. He will definitely be a leader as soon as he arrives on campus.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Tua is a natural born leader that other players gravitate towards as teammates..I can't wait for him to get to Bama & lead us to another NC..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Tua is a natural born leader that other players gravitate towards as teammates..I can't wait for him to get to Bama & lead us to another NC..
Agreed. He will help attract the best receiver class ever at Bama and best in the nation this year. Special talent.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I know it's too early to say this, but I think Tua might end up being even better than Hurts. It's an incredible progression, but I think an even better QB will continue to step-in since the Blake Sims days.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

If this video accurately portrays Tua, he has a chance to be something special. Rooting for you, kid.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

You can from the video above he is by far the better leader. He at this point vs Hurts at that point are almost even except he has more hype. Tua has a slightly better arm and release that leads to a better spiral. Now after this season we will see how he improves and also obviously see if Hurts plays and see how he improves. Both great players. I hope we hang onto him but I feel like if Hurts plays then tua is gone.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

You can from the video above he is by far the better leader. He at this point vs Hurts at that point are almost even except he has more hype. Tua has a slightly better arm and release that leads to a better spiral. Now after this season we will see how he improves and also obviously see if Hurts plays and see how he improves. Both great players. I hope we hang onto him but I feel like if Hurts plays then tua is gone.
I don't agree with this position. If you don't play Hurts this year, you will most certainly have to play him next year. We have a better chance of keeping both of them if hurts play this year and Tua is willing to accept a redshirt. Imo, if hurts doesn't play this year one of 2 things will happen 1) he will transfer or 2) Tua will commit elsewhere. Barnett will be your guy.

So based on what we know so far, who is better hurts or tua?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Tua is in a shoot out tonight. 43-36 in 3rd Qtr. He has right now 370 passing with 3 TDs and 100 yards rushing with 3 TDs. Still in 3rd QTR right now.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I hope Tua still comes to Bama, but with two good Freshman QBs already in the Bama rotation, it's going to get interesting.

I can see Saban working Tua into some snaps with Hurts and Barnett next year, and Hurts or Barnett might go pro after their Junior year (Barnett maybe RS Sophomore), so it might actually work out. Bateman will probably transfer after this year, as a grad transfer, and possibly Cornwell if he has enough credits to graduate. And Tua's brother will come in the following year.

Crazy good situation for the Tide.....come a long ways since the Blake Sims days.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

I hope Tua still comes to Bama, but with two good Freshman QBs already in the Bama rotation, it's going to get interesting.

I can see Saban working Tua into some snaps with Hurts and Barnett next year, and Hurts or Barnett might go pro after their Junior year, so it might actually work out. Bateman will probably transfer after this year, as a grad transfer, and possibly Cornwell if he has enough credits to graduate. And Tua's brother will come in the following year.

Crazy good situation for the Tide.....come a long ways since the Blake Sims days.
If we keep Kiffin (or even Sark-if that's in the cards) as OC, he will do well to come here even if he redshirts. Our system prepares guys for the next level better than many of the college offensive systems. Plus, being a national title contender every year has its perks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms

i am out here on business. Went to the game Friday night. He plays at the largest school on the islands. The competition level isn't even close. He is by far, the best athelete on the field. Put him on a 6A team in Alabama,Georgia, Cali, Florida, or Texas and he is still really good. But, not 9 TDs good!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.