**** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama **** (arrived 1/8)

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Re: **** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

i am out here on business. Went to the game Friday night. He plays at the largest school on the islands. The competition level isn't even close. He is by far, the best athelete on the field. Put him on a 6A team in Alabama,Georgia, Cali, Florida, or Texas and he is still really good. But, not 9 TDs good!
Hope he comes but he sounds to good to set for 3 years.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Hope he comes but he sounds to good to set for 3 years.

Everyone thought Blake Barnett would be a 3 year starter, that Cooper and Cowell was a shoo in for a year or 2 but it looks like a freshman has taken the reins. When Tua comes in he will compete for the job as a freshman and. if he is as good as advertised, could win the job.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

People may be real good at HS level, but doesn't always do well on College level. We've seen lot of 4 and 5 stars come and go... So we don't know what he can do once he gets on the campus. I don't think he will sit for 3 years.... There's two years gap between Hurts and Tua and we might even find a good QB in class 2018 or 2019 that could be even better than Tua.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

People may be real good at HS level, but doesn't always do well on College level. We've seen lot of 4 and 5 stars come and go... So we don't know what he can do once he gets on the campus. I don't think he will sit for 3 years.... There's two years gap between Hurts and Tua and we might even find a good QB in class 2018 or 2019 that could be even better than Tua.
Hurts is a true freshman this year and Tua will be a freshman next year.......one year gap. (Hurts signed '16, Tua '17 recruit)

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Hurts is a true freshman this year and Tua will be a freshman next year.......one year gap. (Hurts signed '16, Tua '17 recruit)
Tua could redshirt which would stretch the gap to two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

I can't see that happening, he is the number one QB in this class can go anywhere. I do hope he does as you say.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

With Hurts being our starter we will probably see a mass exodus at QB and Tua could come in and be #2 right away. Don't see him RS but expect him on campus next year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm not even sure why everyone is worried about him decommiting all because of Hurts starting this year. We've showed that we will start true freshman in the game. Next year, ,we potentially could lose Cornwell, Barnett and Bateman. We literally probably won't have any experience behind Hurts, so Tua could come in and redshirt right away. Next year, Jalon will be sophomore and he could leave after Jr year, meaning Tua will be redshirt sophomore. That's not bad move at all. Tua has some things he needs to clean up at college level and I just don't see him going anywhere.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm not even sure why everyone is worried about him decommiting all because of Hurts starting this year. We've showed that we will start true freshman in the game. Next year, ,we potentially could lose Cornwell, Barnett and Bateman. We literally probably won't have any experience behind Hurts, so Tua could come in and redshirt right away. Next year, Jalon will be sophomore and he could leave after Jr year, meaning Tua will be redshirt sophomore. That's not bad move at all. Tua has some things he needs to clean up at college level and I just don't see him going anywhere.
If we lose Bateman, Cornwell and Barnett, Tua won't redshirt. Tua and Mac Jones (another true freshman next year) would compete for the back-up spot if this happens.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

For some reason I think Bateman hangs in.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

All three back-up QBs won't leave at once, worst case two would leave, but odds are one or none will leave.

Knock on wood that Hurts doesn't get a significant injury, but the way he runs, which is incredible, but higher injury risk.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

i am out here on business. Went to the game Friday night. He plays at the largest school on the islands. The competition level isn't even close. He is by far, the best athelete on the field. Put him on a 6A team in Alabama,Georgia, Cali, Florida, or Texas and he is still really good. But, not 9 TDs good!
Not much has changed then. St Louis was THE power house program when dad was stationed at Schofield from 89-91. private school so they recruit kids from all over the islands. I coached football with the youth services program (12-14 yr olds) they had scouts in the stands at every game.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Tua..... 41-47. 494 yards. 5tds. 1int

43 yards rushing

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

All three back-up QBs won't leave at once, worst case two would leave, but odds are one or none will leave.

Knock on wood that Hurts doesn't get a significant injury, but the way he runs, which is incredible, but higher injury risk.
I hope you're right, but have to wonder, why do you believe the way you do?

Seems to me that Barnett almost has to transfer. Bateman depends on what he wants to do in his senior year and in life. NFL's not an option. So if he wants to be a coach or an athletic agent or administrator, he stays and maybe goes to law school. If he wants to have a last hurrah and play his senior year, then go into something non-athletic for a career, he leaves. Cornwell -- kind of like Bateman. NFL's probably not an option, so it depends on his life goals.

Logically, I think at least two go. Maybe all three. So I'm genuinely curious -- what do you see that I'm missing?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He confirmed he's enrolling in January.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Why not?! Tua will most likely be in the top two on the depth chart next year on one of the hottest teams in the history of college football.

The kid's rolling sevens!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Why not?! Tua will most likely be in the top two on the depth chart next year on one of the hottest teams in the history of college football.

The kid's rolling sevens!
Exactly..And don't forget about Mac Jones cause he's as good a Tua talent level wise..I honestly think this QB recruiting class is the best from a pure talent standpoint in the history of Bama Football..The moment they both arrive to T-Town the QB spot will be elevated in talent instantly..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I wonder if it`s thought by those in the know and that count ( the coaches, primarily ) that either or both Tua and Mac actually throw the ball better than Jalen?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Exactly..And don't forget about Mac Jones cause he's as good a Tua talent level wise..I honestly think this QB recruiting class is the best from a pure talent standpoint in the history of Bama Football..The moment they both arrive to T-Town the QB spot will be elevated in talent instantly..
That's a really large statement...and I hope you are 100% correct!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

That's a really large statement...and I hope you are 100% correct!
Yeah I maybe shouldn't have stated that cause I honestly think Mac's video is as impressive as any I've seen this year, Tua is the kinda QB that doesn't come around to often, I don't want to put any unneeded expectations or pressures on Mac by comparing to one of this years most hyped up recruits..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.