**** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama **** (arrived 1/8)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2017 4* QB Tua Tagovailoa Updates

247 profile

Alabama has clearly become a contender for Tua, so I figured I would start a thread on him.
Watched his video from the article you posted on the other thread and he is truly a dual threat QB. Electric. You can obviously see Coach Saban has changed his philosophy with dual threats with Barnett, Hurts and hopefully Tua.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

JMO but I think Saban's desire for a Dual Threat/athletic QB has been in the works for a while. He's had a DT qb in almost every one of his recruiting classes since he's been here. Can you imagine our offense with an accurate qb that also could run? Would be very hard for teams to prepare for, especially those that have spread offenses with the same time of defense to compliment it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Four-star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa trending toward Alabama

Four-star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has visited Alabama twice in April, and the trips to Tuscaloosa seem to have loosened Southern Cal's hold on the Honolulu native. In the past 24 hours, 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong and BamaOnLine staff writer Hank South have submitted 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions that have Tagovailoa committing to the Crimson Tide.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

It's likely Tua or bust at this point. As other have mentioned Saban wants a Qb that can lead and be accurate ,but he knows Runners can extend plays. They also can make something out of a perfectly called defense because they out run a LB and DL to the sticks. This is also the reason we have Evans playing more ILB. He is the killer of QB draw and running around. Not many people ever have his closing speed. I think he will be a top 15 pick after playing his senior year.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Hoping that distance did not become a factor on the flight over the Pacific.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Hoping that distance did not become a factor on the flight over the Pacific.
Well, he is going to have the distance over the Pacific if he plays anywhere on the mainland. I think an additional 4-5 hours to get from the west coast to the southeast won't be too bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.