Alabama vs Cowherd, Klatt, and Travis

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
These guys are the reason I try not to watch Fox Sports! Their Bama hate and their jealousy of Coach Saban are really pathetic. They make Fox Sports a joke.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Oh they know all right. They may not have seen this one, but yup they know we are laughing at em.
But ultimately, that's what they want. They make outlandish and exaggerated statements that get fans riled up in an attempt to generate ratings or views or whatever. They don't care that we laugh at them, because that means people are paying attention to what they say.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One the other side of this coin - it provided the team with additional motivation to immediately pick itself back up and get back to work. If the loss itself wasn't enough, the media piling on by declaring Alabama's dynasty over immediately afterward was.

The team came together and did amazing things after that game, and after those comments.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have seen this video and similar ones before but they're always good. I would like to see the footage from when these guys admitted to being wrong. anybody got that? Really. I'm interesting in what these guys said after the Clemson game about the game and about their pronouncement that the dynasty was dead.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I expected the video to tack on Cowherd gushing about how fun and exciting that title game was the next day.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
But ultimately, that's what they want. They make outlandish and exaggerated statements that get fans riled up in an attempt to generate ratings or views or whatever. They don't care that we laugh at them, because that means people are paying attention to what they say.

Sad but true...

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Yes, that Ole Miss game hurt. Still does...although not so much. But I, like so many others here, felt that as long as Bama kept winning, they would be there in the end. If you're going to lose...lose early.

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
This is funny that some of Y'all let these guys get in your head when you know that's what they are doing.Remember what Coach says outside noise.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, the internet has really diluted the quality of television sports analysis. It has pushed the hot takery game to the highest levels and it is just intolerable.

I just can't take most guys on ESPN/FS1 seriously anymore because if they can say stuff so blatantly false or shortsighted about the teams I follow close enough to identify it then I have my doubts about the stuff they say on teams, players, or issues I'm not following closely.

It has all has become white noise to me but I will laugh a tad at a clever retweet of a skip bayless tweet from months or years ago right after something that refutes it happens. haha.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yeah, the internet has really diluted the quality of television sports analysis. It has pushed the hot takery game to the highest levels and it is just intolerable.

I just can't take most guys on ESPN/FS1 seriously anymore because if they can say stuff so blatantly false or shortsighted about the teams I follow close enough to identify it then I have my doubts about the stuff they say on teams, players, or issues I'm not following closely.

It has all has become white noise to me but I will laugh a tad at a clever retweet of a skip bayless tweet from months or years ago right after something that refutes it happens. haha.
This has been my thought for some time now. If any of us at our jobs were this wrong we would not have jobs. It is good to be a TV talking head or journalist in the world we now live in when accuracy and dependability does not matter.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You can add Dan Wolken and Danny Kanell to the loud mouth list, too.

I think we need a guest Dr Phil:

"Media Pundits Who Pretend To Be Impartial While Hacking on the Alabama Crimson Tide.....and the Women Who Love Them."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.