Alabama vs Cowherd, Klatt, and Travis

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I suppose the origins of the shock jock era has brought us to so much overkill from the talking heads today. Not sure I even hear the term shock jock anymore. Not that they've gone somewhere, it's that this type of broadcasting has become the norm. It's growing in the sense that most networks aren't fearful of being the least bit politically correct even about the most influential sports personalities we have. I've heard Kanell and others speak about the front office encouraging controversy with their viewpoints numerous times. If you're an argumentative person by nature and many are, and you're getting paid handsomely to dig and grope on any perception and prejudice you've managed to cultivate in your shortsided life and you really enjoy living your life at other people's expense, you got to feel just like that kid in the candy store.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A question that you have to ask yourself - how many of these guys really believe what they are saying?

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
This is funny that some of Y'all let these guys get in your head when you know that's what they are doing.Remember what Coach says outside noise.
I understand what you are saying, but even coach was listening to these guys last year. Remember the "DEAD! BURIED! GONE!" rant? It was directed at these guys.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah, the internet has really diluted the quality of television sports analysis. It has pushed the hot takery game to the highest levels and it is just intolerable.

I just can't take most guys on ESPN/FS1 seriously anymore because if they can say stuff so blatantly false or shortsighted about the teams I follow close enough to identify it then I have my doubts about the stuff they say on teams, players, or issues I'm not following closely.

It has all has become white noise to me but I will laugh a tad at a clever retweet of a skip bayless tweet from months or years ago right after something that refutes it happens. haha.
This is it. The quality is so badly diluted nowadays. I spent some time this weekend watching old games on youtube (one of the great things about the Internet). And the quality of the commentary back then was so much better than it is today. Obviously, because there was less time spent talking about the games. There was no ESPN, or ESPN was in its early days, so most of the talking was done on game day, during the game. Not in the week or weeks leading up to it and not by a 1000 different entities.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
They are in show business, so they are likely just trolling for eyeballs. And, if they wanted to show a shred of competence, they would have to talk about how some teams improve over the season vs. teams that digress or plateau. Furthermore, I love how so many in sports predict the future by looking only at a few aspects without looking at the whole as the individual components of a team's journey.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
Football and sports in general were much more enjoyable to watch 10+ years ago imo. It seems since the age of social media, it has coincided with the growth of "sports" trollers just like the guys mentioned in this post. Everyone has a stupid "hot take" now that just sounds like diarrhea from the mouth in an effort to get his/her name out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.