JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
A-Day Review: Not much has changed in 10 years
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
April 16th, 2016 10:57 PM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief April 16, 2016 Saturday’s A-Day spring contest, the 10th of Nick Saban’s Bama career, was as much a time for reflection as it was an opportunity to look forward to the 2016 season. Alabama didn’t pack out Bryant-Denny Stadium, but it did appear to reverse a trend of declining attendance, […]

Read More Here

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I really enjoyed the glorified practice. I am not sure just how much the coaches can take from it but as a fan I can say I loved every minute of it. I saw enough to know we have more than one QB who can play well. Thanks for the commentary, as always it was a good read.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
This was the most fun 7-3 game that I've seen in a long time. I'm almost disappointed that they didn't bench Tim Williams just so I could get a better view of the O. Then again, I think we're going to need him and the others to be monsters early and often next year.

I really wanted to get more from Barnett. I think it started to come together for him as the game progressed. I was very impressed by Hurts. Aside from a few mental mistakes, he showed well. He didn't look out of place and was fearless.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I hate to trump my own horn but I stated several times, without hearing or reading anything to the the sort, that I thought JK Scott was adjusting to his growing body, and that it would sort it self out. Seems like he concurred. Great article JessN, usual. We now have zero players from the great RB recruiting class on the team, 3 were shirted and theroritically could still be here. That could be our Achilles Heel, no pun intended.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I love the way Nick Saban does this game.

No meaningless gimmicks. No outlandish scoring systems. It's basically a very bland practice on fundamentals. I just hope the team gets something out of it. I feel like they do. Maybe it's not exactly what Coach Saban would do if there was no A-Day, but maybe there is some value to being out there in Bryant-Denny with 70,000 fans watching, and with the TV cameras rolling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.