Blog: Latest Bama News 4/18/2016 Thru 4/21/2016

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Watch highlights of Jalen Hurts from Alabama's A-Day game

This young man is gonna play this season on Saturdays, a lot. Dont see how you can let this kind of talent and poise sit on the bench! op
Hurts is the kind of QB that puts fans in the seats. He may have been up against the #2s but he made the #2 Receivers look very good. As far as ability... The other teams are gonna hope he hands the ball to a Running Back, because Jalen is the kind of QB who can make good things happen.
YEP... I'M OFFICIALLY IMPRESSED WITH HIM AFTER WATCHING HIGHSCHOOL CLIPS AND FOOTAGE AT ALABAMA.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Originally Posted by kyallie
Watch highlights of Jalen Hurts from Alabama's A-Day game

This young man is gonna play this season on Saturdays, a lot. Dont see how you can let this kind of talent and poise sit on the bench! op

Hurts is the kind of QB that puts fans in the seats. He may have been up against the #2s but he made the #2 Receivers look very good. As far as ability... The other teams are gonna hope he hands the ball to a Running Back, because Jalen is the kind of QB who can make good things happen.
YEP... I'M OFFICIALLY IMPRESSED WITH HIM AFTER WATCHING HIGHSCHOOL CLIPS AND FOOTAGE AT ALABAMA.
Ole Man Dan

Me too, I'm a believer. Here's hoping CNS and CLK are to!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Baltimore's own Cyrus Jones seeks respect nearing the NFL draft - Baltimore Sun-rbr
"I always feel like I'm getting overlooked and not getting the respect," Jones said in a phone interview from Buffalo Niagara International airport last week after he completed a pre-draft visit with the Bills. "There are plenty of coaches saying that if I was an inch or two taller, I'd be a first-round pick. It hasn't affected me to this point, but it is what it is. I know what type of player that I am and what I can do. If you ask me, I'm the best corner in the draft. That's just how I carry myself."
rbr opCyrus has always been a hyper-competitive player with a huge chip on his shoulder. He took his awful 2013 debut season and used it as motivation to become a lockdown corner in just one offseason. He did the same with his early problems with fumbling punt returns to become a dynamic return man this year. He has the attitude and the football skills, but you have to wonder if his combination of a lack of stature and barely average athleticism will prevent him from being successful in the pros, where the receivers will be even bigger and faster.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Inside the Film Room With... Jarran Reed | The MMQB with Peter King
They grew up in modest means. I ask him what it feels like to have that sort of background and know that, a few months from now, he’ll be a millionaire. What goes through your mind when you wake up in the morning these days? "It just makes me that much more responsible," Reed says. "People are really counting on you now. You can’t mess up because just as quick as you got here, it can be taken away even faster. So to me, it’s not really about the money or how much I’m going to get. Now, you’ve got to produce."
rbr opA cool article where Andy Benoit sits down with Jarran Reed to break down quite a few plays from the Georgia game. It is a couple of weeks old, but it has a lot of good gifs, and definitely worth the read.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Inside the Film Room With… Reggie Ragland | The MMQB with Peter King
Most of us have been jealous of Reggie Ragland at some point in our lives. Or, more accurately, jealous of Ragland’s ilk. He’s an alpha without trying to be. He has the blend of politeness and firmness of one not easily intimidated. You can tell his BS detector is acute. And he’s an athlete. A big-time athlete. He started receiving letters of recruitment in sixth grade—for basketball.
rbr opIn the same series as the article with Reed above, now Reggie Ragland gets a shot. I think this article ended up being even more interesting than Reed's. Ragland seems to be a very insightful and engaging guy with quite a few good quotes. He also mentions that rising sophomore defensive tackle, Daron Payne, has a six-pack. That's a 315-pound man with abs. That should not even be possible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.