News Article: Alabama football player fighting eye-eating amoeba

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
"at least he had the opportunity to run down the field inside Bryant-Denny Stadium in front of nearly 80,000 fans"

I think we forget this part sometimes. The game might not seem to matter much, it might be spring, or it might be a blowout of an FCS team or something. But there are Alabama players, some of whom are walk-ons, who will only ever get to play under those circumstances. I'm happy that we're able to reward their contributions to the team by being there and cheering them on.

I wish him a speedy and full recovery and fortunately that sounds like a real possibility.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Wow, I don't wear contacts but I think after reading this article I would sure be vigilant in cleaning them. I'm going to get my daughter to read this because she keeps hers in for several days at a time. I hope this kid gets well soon and I'll be praying for that.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wow, this is scary. I have worn contacts for almost 20 years. Makes me want to make sure I am cleaning them properly. This poor kid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.