2017 Prospect: LB Will Ignont

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2017 LB Will Ignont

I've seen this kid play and I don't know that he would see the field for Bama. He looks tarzan and plays like jane and has a bad attitude. I hate to seem like I'm bashing a kid, but I know what I know about him and I wouldn't be shocked if Bama encouraged him to look elsewhere. He has the ability but doesn't have the right attitude and takes plays off. If Bama were to take him, he would be in for a rude awakening when he got to school. I've heard from multiple sources at Buckhorn that the reason he's back at buckhorn from IMG is because of his attitude and didn't want to compete with all the other gifted athletes down there and didn't like the fact he wasn't gonna be a starter.
I would suspect that the staff gets fairly regular reports from places like IMG and other places concerning attitude, work ethic, etc.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He made it official that he is looking elsewhere. Says he decided before Rivals 5 Star challenge b/c they were going to get other commits.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/..._will_ignont_1.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Sounds like a kid who wants something handed to him and would never buy into what Saban preaches. He'll be a cancer wherever he goes!
That's a bit unfair, isn't it? If the kid didn't have a good character, we wouldn't have recruited him at all... :cool2:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

to clarify things up with the Ignont case. according to BOL staff, he committed to an assistant coach but never talked to Coach Saban. Coach Saban wouldn't accept his commitment due to off the field things that have been discussed on this board ( yesitsmeds23 and Tideflyer alluded to). furthermore Ignont continued to slide down our board and was encouraged to look elsewhere which I mentioned earlier in this thread. unless Alabama completely whiffs on Chris Allen, Dylan Moses and others on the pecking order, Will Ignont will be playing football somewhere else.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

to clarify things up with the Ignont case. according to BOL staff, he committed to an assistant coach but never talked to Coach Saban. Coach Saban wouldn't accept his commitment due to off the field things that have been discussed on this board ( yesitsmeds23 and Tideflyer alluded to). furthermore Ignont continued to slide down our board and was encouraged to look elsewhere which I mentioned earlier in this thread. unless Alabama completely whiffs on Chris Allen, Dylan Mo:cool2:ses and others on the pecking order, Will Ignont will be playing football somewhere else.
Good info, SJ! Thanks!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

He's committing tonight and it will most likely be UT. Hate to let a kid that talented escape the state, but if what I've heard is true it's probably for the best. There's definitely something there if the two powerhouse schools in your home state back off.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

He's committing tonight and it will most likely be UT. Hate to let a kid that talented escape the state, but if what I've heard is true it's probably for the best. There's definitely something there if the two powerhouse schools in your home state back off.
I've seen this kid play since he was in 9th grade and he's so overrated!! He's not a team player, very selfish, lazy, bad attitude and not very fast at all. He's built to play LB, but plays so soft. He's the kid that waits for his teammates to make the stop and then cleans it up. He won't see the field and will probably be a wash out. I hate to say that about a kid, but from all I've seen from him and from what I have heard from some of my friends that have coached him, he won't make it out of college.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

I've seen this kid play since he was in 9th grade and he's so overrated!! He's not a team player, very selfish, lazy, bad attitude and not very fast at all. He's built to play LB, but plays so soft. He's the kid that waits for his teammates to make the stop and then cleans it up. He won't see the field and will probably be a wash out. I hate to say that about a kid, but from all I've seen from him and from what I have heard from some of my friends that have coached him, he won't make it out of college.
The one game I saw him play was when Trussville went up to Harvest and knocked off Buckhorn. He looked pretty good, but his tendency to "take plays off", as it were, bothered me. Very talented, but it does make one wonder about his work ethic.

Heard what he did. Can see why he wasn't a take for the Tide or Tigers.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

The one game I saw him play was when Trussville went up to Harvest and knocked off Buckhorn. He looked pretty good, but his tendency to "take plays off", as it were, bothered me. Very talented, but it does make one wonder about his work ethic.

Heard what he did. Can see why he wasn't a take for the Tide or Tigers.
Yep, and rumors are from Buckhorn is that he got down to IMG, with his lackadaisical work effort, and saw that he wasn't the big fish in the pond and didn't like it so he came back home. And all this with him being a silent commit to Bama is/was garbage.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The Viles think they "stole" one from us lol. Volnation is saying this is payback from Alabama taking Hightower from Tennessee. They're so delusional. Comparing a recruit with suspect character and work ethic to one of the greatest linebackers in Alabama history, NFL Pro Bowl player and defensive leader of the greatest team/dynasty in the NFL..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

The Viles think they "stole" one from us lol. Volnation is saying this is payback from Alabama taking Hightower from Tennessee. They're so delusional. Comparing a recruit with suspect character and work ethic to one of the greatest linebackers in Alabama history, NFL Pro Bowl player and defensive leader of the greatest team/dynasty in the NFL..

Let them think that. He was never a take for Alabama or Auburn. He would have committed to Alabama were they willing to accept his commitment. Same with Auburn after the Tide backed off. He could be the next Reuben Foster, but he could also be the next Jimmy Johns. Neither of our coaching staffs were willing to take that risk.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

They do realize Lewisburg is barely 25 miles north of the state line, right? And New Market, Buckhorn HS, is prolly not even that south of the line. The rationale of the Viles never ceases to amaze.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Of course, it is kind of one-sided. In addition to Hightower, we can also add Barrett Jones, among the outstanding players from TN which is not exactly a hotbed of football talent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.