2017 Prospect: LB Will Ignont

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2017 LB Will Ignont

Biggest news on Ignont at the moment seems to be he transferred back home from IMG Academy after spending a few months there.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

I thought I saw something about that. Any idea why (discipline, homesick???)?
Saw an interview on Ch 19 this morning and he said it was so he could be at home with his Mom and to finish his HS football with the guys he's been playing with since the 4th grade. He said he realized after he went to IMG that momma was right and it dawned on him that you only have one momma so you better listen to her. :biggrin2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Saw an interview on Ch 19 this morning and he said it was so he could be at home with his Mom and to finish his HS football with the guys he's been playing with since the 4th grade. He said he realized after he went to IMG that momma was right and it dawned on him that you only have one momma so you better listen to her. :biggrin2:
Thanks. TIFWIW, but I also saw that IMG has a bunch of very talented LB's and they were considering him at RB and he wants to play LB full time.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

His mama was right about what though? That's the question of the day.
Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I was getting ready for work while watching but think he referred to something his mother said about the distance and separation was not for him and he wouldn't enjoy being away.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

BOL reporting they think Will is a silent commit to someone and I am assuming it is us.
From the article:

Has a great relationship with Pruitt (reason Alabama's a contender)
Has considered committing to Alabama a few times

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I read that he was a silent commit and then decommitted and now does not have us in his top three. Is this true?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I read that he was a silent commit and then decommitted and now does not have us in his top three. Is this true?
No idea about his silent status, but we already have two guys committed at ILB (cowan and benton), and given all the needs we have I'd be a bit surprised to see another.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He most likely was a silent commit at one point. There was plenty of talk about him committing to Alabama awhile back, which could have been why.

No idea about his silent status, but we already have two guys committed at ILB (cowan and benton), and given all the needs we have I'd be a bit surprised to see another.
There's at least one other LB Alabama would take if he wants to come - Dylan Moses.

I'm to the point of not putting much too emphasizes on where the guys play in high school or project in college because things change. Guy might not add the weight/muscle the staff expects for the position or he may gain too much and has to go to another position.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

most likely Will Ignont will not be part of this class. there is talk that staff encouraged him to look elsewhere.
hence he is no longer a " silent commit ".

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

I've seen this kid play and I don't know that he would see the field for Bama. He looks tarzan and plays like jane and has a bad attitude. I hate to seem like I'm bashing a kid, but I know what I know about him and I wouldn't be shocked if Bama encouraged him to look elsewhere. He has the ability but doesn't have the right attitude and takes plays off. If Bama were to take him, he would be in for a rude awakening when he got to school. I've heard from multiple sources at Buckhorn that the reason he's back at buckhorn from IMG is because of his attitude and didn't want to compete with all the other gifted athletes down there and didn't like the fact he wasn't gonna be a starter.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

most likely Will Ignont will not be part of this class. there is talk that staff encouraged him to look elsewhere. hence he is no longer a " silent commit ".
I heard the same SJC. I read where he had a very average camp and the staff has cooled. Benton was taken over him and obviously Moses will have a spot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.