"If I Was 100 Percent, The Outcome Would Have Been Different" - Shaq Lawson

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: "If I Was 100 Percent, The Outcome Would Have Been Different" - Shaq Lawson

When asked about what Shaq Lawson said, Jake Coker, who played w two screws in his foot, had no comment...
Nailed it. And I am pretty sure it went well beyond that as far as our team being banged up.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma

"Were "ifs" & "buts" berries & nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas"...Don Meredith to Howard Cosell.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I don't doubt the outcome on some individual plays would have been different, especially with how our line was having trouble. I do think he may have had a bigger impact than a healthy Alexander. It is entirely possible that he could have made a big enough difference to win the game. He doesn't know that because it is impossible to know, but I understand how he could think it. We get this every year from some. Might was well get used to it. So far it hasn't gotten to Mack Brown whiner level proportions from them yet.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Of course, when I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of the "If Colt hadn't got hurt" whine. After a full season, every team has players who are hurting -- probably most of them in some way or other. Even with the break between the SEC Championship game and the NC game, players are still hurt. Just look at those like Cam who has had shoulder surgery. The injury to the DB Alexander was much more impactful than any defensive actions by Shaq. As has been noted above, Shaq didn't play on Special Teams so he had no impact on the on-side kick or kick return by Drake which were huge plays for the Tide.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I respect the guy for believing that he could have made a difference, and his comments would have been much better received if he had said something like, "I feel like I let my teammates down." Instead he says that the outcome would have been different - not might have - would have. That is just arrogance and insults his teammates and Alabama at the same time.

By that point in the year, every player is dinged up. Every player is playing at something below 100%.

At least he admitted that Alabama was the better team in the game.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I respect the guy for believing that he could have made a difference, and his comments would have been much better received if he had said something like, "I feel like I let my teammates down." Instead he says that the outcome would have been different - not might have - would have. That is just arrogance and insults his teammates and Alabama at the same time.

By that point in the year, every player is dinged up. Every player is playing at something below 100%.

At least he admitted that Alabama was the better team in the game.
Which makes him Capt. Obvious. [emoji6]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Which makes him Capt. Obvious. [emoji6]
Maybe, but Texas players and coaches still believe that they had the better team when you beat them. What seems obvious to the rest of the world is often a lot less obvious to someone really close to the events.

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008

I've talked to a longhorn fan after the championship game. If colt had not got hurt. This is the result you will get. Actually, that's the result you will get if you put vince young in the game.

Oh dear God, we can put this one right up there with "if Colt hadn't got hurt..."

http://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1010369

"If I was 100 percent, the game outcome would have been a little different," Lawson told Paul Finebaum of the SEC ESPN Network on Monday.

The star pass-rusher managed two sacks in the title bout, but was slowed by the knee injury that forced him out of the Orange Bowl versus Oklahoma two weeks earlier.

Lawson is now preparing for the NFL draft, where he's projected to come off the board in the first round

I think we need to start a new handkerchief and offer it for sale with all our opponents excuses on it:

2009 - if Colt hadn't got hurt
2011 - if that plane hadn't crashed and killed our basketball coaches
2012 - if Ohio State hadn't been on probation
2015 - if Lawson hadn't been hurt

But folks - the PROOF POSITIVE that this does not matter?

Cardale Jones

I mean, he was a THIRD-string QB and Ohio State still won it all.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Oh dear God, we can put this one right up there with "if Colt hadn't got hurt..."
lol FIRST thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread ... just shaking my head lol

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

The Auburn of the ACC bunch of cry babies. No matter how you slice the bread, in the end it is still bread. The best team won and that is the bottom line.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The most annoying part of all this is that they pretend like the other team hasn't had any injuries. Like if only our guys were 100% healthy and your guys were still beat up, we'd win! That's probably true, but give Alabama all their guys at 100% and is it even close really?

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

The most annoying part of all this is that they pretend like the other team hasn't had any injuries. Like if only our guys were 100% healthy and your guys were still beat up, we'd win! That's probably true, but give Alabama all their guys at 100% and is it even close really?
Do that and what you get is what happened to MSU in the cap 1 bowl.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Drake was toting that tater on that kickoff return with a broken arm...maybe not his running arm mind you. :conf2:

Cam Rob was playing with a shoulder issue....

Coker had screws in his foot and been playing and recovering each week with those in his foot.....

Jon Allen was playing injured as well.

Griff's injured back helped him kick that onside kick I guess and all those kickoff touchbacks.

That is just to name a few.

I think Clemson's special teams coach was playing mentally injured as well.....and so was Dabo after that onside kick.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL

IMO, these are idiotic comments because you never know what would have occurred. Maybe if he's quicker, we make a solid adjustment that actually opens something else up... maybe a guy steps his game up... maybe Tiffin calls different plays that end up making a bigger difference. Man up... take responsibility... just say "Bama was the better team tonight" and leave it at that and people will respect you for it. Saying this type of garbage just perpetuates the idea that you have little to no class. Rule of thumb... respect your opposition (before and after the game).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.