"If I Was 100 Percent, The Outcome Would Have Been Different" - Shaq Lawson

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: "If I Was 100 Percent, The Outcome Would Have Been Different" - Shaq Lawson

I hope Clemson is healthy on 9-3-16 :cool:
Just watched the NC game again and Watson will eat Auburn alive IMO. They'll be highly motivated and Dabo will have them ready.

FWIW, it's amazing we won the game with the ineptitude on the right side of our OL that game. I lost count how many times our tackle got beat.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Just watched the NC game again and Watson will eat Auburn alive IMO. They'll be highly motivated and Dabo will have them ready.

FWIW, it's amazing we won the game with the ineptitude on the right side of our OL that game. I lost count how many times our tackle got beat.
True that! We won in spite of our right side deficiencies. I was amazed at the number of complete whiffs by Jackson. I was surprised we didn't have more bootleg passes to combat this especially with how well Coker threw on the run all season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

True that! We won in spite of our right side deficiencies. I was amazed at the number of complete whiffs by Jackson. I was surprised we didn't have more bootleg passes to combat this especially with how well Coker threw on the run all season.
He even whiffed on some running plays, which is more of his strength. But the pass blocking was atrocious.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

Dear Mr. Lawson,

Thanks for allowing us to proof your public statement. We recommend the following reworked content, which we believe better expresses what you are trying to communicate:

"To be that close to your goal and not be able to perform at your full capacity is frustrating. To put so much effort on and off the field toward a goal...to have something you've dreamed of since you were a kid right there within reach, and then feel that your body just won't let you do the things that you know you should be able to do.... You know it's not because you didn't do the work, so it is incredibly frustrating and makes it very difficult to not look back on it and wonder "What if...?" You want to be able to make a difference for your teammates, your school, your family...for everyone who has supported you and stood with you during all the sacrifice that it took to get there. You wish you could have given them all that present with a bow on it, so no one would ever have to wonder if their sacrifice paid off. But the work comes with no guarantees, except that the work itself is worthwhile. You have to know that it was worth it, and the pain that you feel for not being able to do what you worked so hard to be able to do...that feeling is just a reminder of the love and gratitude that you have for all those people who have lifted you up."

Sincerely,

ACME Public Relations

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Did someone resurrect this "dead-horse" because of the derby this past weekend?:beatdeadhorse5: on TideFans.com

Last edited:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

1) I hope Tiffin never calls plays. He should be kicking.
2) Our right tackle AND right guard were.....well, not very good.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

He even whiffed on some running plays, which is more of his strength. But the pass blocking was atrocious.
On many of the running plays, it's not 100% they were his miss or Shanks. On several it looks like on the surface he was expecting Shank to scoop over after he gave a shove. Only the guys on the OL and the coach really know which of the two didn't do it right, but there's a reason Shank lost his starting role, and it wasn't just that he came in heavy.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

That is a good observation; I thought he looked baffled a couple of times as if it wasn't his fault
On many of the running plays, it's not 100% they were his miss or Shanks. On several it looks like on the surface he was expecting Shank to scoop over after he gave a shove. Only the guys on the OL and the coach really know which of the two didn't do it right, but there's a reason Shank lost his starting role, and it wasn't just that he came in heavy.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Hey Shaq I'll ponder your statement as I take a look at pic of our recent "Multiple" National Championships Bro..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

We need to create a Coulda Been National Title trophy and give it away every time we win the real deal.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

In sure they will also but if you go on AUFAMILY and ITAT, many of them are convinced they will upset Clemson because of "Auburn is not picked to do good this year" label in 2016. Clemson will be far more motivated against an SEC team. Watson's Heisman campaign will begin in Jordan-Hare.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

In sure they will also but if you go on AUFAMILY and ITAT, many of them are convinced they will upset Clemson because of "Auburn is not picked to do good this year" label in 2016. Clemson will be far more motivated against an SEC team. Watson's Heisman campaign will begin in Jordan-Hare.
After hearing about how awful the Auburn offense looked in the spring game, I'm not certain they can stay within 30 points of Clemson. Watson will get points, lots of them (heck, they scored 40 on Bama and there's zero chance Auburn's D will be remotely close to what Alabama fielded last year)...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

After hearing about how awful the Auburn offense looked in the spring game, I'm not certain they can stay within 30 points of Clemson. Watson will get points, lots of them (heck, they scored 40 on Bama and there's zero chance Auburn's D will be remotely close to what Alabama fielded last year)...
Yes please!!! I'd like to see 'em lay about 50 or 60 on them.

Watson, if remotely improved, will probably be the front runner for the SAT.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
"If I Was 100 Percent, The Outcome Would Have Been Different" - Shaq Lawson

[font color="blue"]Well it could be the Kevin "Steele Curtain" defense that made their offense look so bad. {BLUEFONT}

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

[font color="blue"]Well it could be the Kevin "Steele Curtain" defense that made their offense look so bad. {BLUEFONT}
The Clemson fans are already clamoring for their tim to hang 70 on Steele's 'defense' as payback for what he allowed against WVU... :biggrin2:

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.

Hey Shaq, "if" North Carolina hadn't been called for a 100% WRONG off-sides penalty you wouldn't have even been playing in the NC to start with....so shut up.:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.